Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Beware: from what I have been reading, bogger box mods appears to have stopped shipping mods (but still taking money / orders) Here are several threads I've seen on it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487577
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311635
Note, that ^ is a long thread and you have to page thru to the last several pages where the allegations begin and the supplier is not responsive.

It appears that they are no longer a registered supplier on ECF either.

I know I would appreciate a heads up like this if I was considering buying a mod :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
A big red flag to me is that in the supplier thread (now closed) the maker blamed the customers for issues and ultimately dipped out of his own thread.

Not a very confidence inspiring scenario and poor business practice at best.

I'd be pursuing a refund and spreading the word even more aggressively if it was my cash on the line.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
No doubt, red flags abound... I have followed the supplier thread from the beginning and don't recall him blaming customers for issues concerning manufacturing and shipping!! I do recall he had one individual that had sent his device back on more than one occasion, (3 times), and I believe the insinuation was nothing was wrong with the device or he couldn't recreate the problem the user was experiencing on any of the occasions it was returned. I could also be wrong though. It was back 3 months or so ago. Regardless, Marcus has had problems for awhile now and for some reason, (unknown by anyone), has dug himself into a hole I think he won't ever recover from. Really a shame as he once had a quality product. The website needs to be shutdown as soon as possible though...

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
No doubt, red flags abound... I have followed the supplier thread from the beginning and don't recall him blaming customers for issues concerning manufacturing and shipping!! I do recall he had one individual that had sent his device back on more than one occasion, (3 times), and I believe the insinuation was nothing was wrong with the device or he couldn't recreate the problem the user was experiencing on any of the occasions it was returned. I could also be wrong though. It was back 3 months or so ago. Regardless, Marcus has had problems for awhile now and for some reason, (unknown by anyone), has dug himself into a hole I think he won't ever recover from. Really a shame as he once had a quality product. The website needs to be shutdown as soon as possible though...

I am the individual that sent my device back twice. (The third time I did not send it back, I simply had the DNA20 disconnected by another modder). If you would look at any of the threads about the DNA20, you will find that it does not take kindly to ANY juice. The problem was that my device leaked. The DNA chip was not sealed, allowing the juice to get to the chip. After sending it back in twice and having it kept for 3 weeks each time, Marcus finally said that it was all my fault and that he would only repair it if I paid him more money. He told me that there was no way that his device could leak, even though I told him about seeing juice on the battery and coming out of the area where the electronics resided. The problem is that he supplied a less than premium device at a more than premium price and failed to provide any kind of customer service. I feel sorry for anyone who purchases any device from him. I have done everything in my power to put out the information about his shoddy work (and work ethics), but there are still people that are sending him money.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
J-Box...............

I don't think that is an apt comparison at all, Ocelot.

Bogger Box put out a lot of nice and beautifully made wooden mods for a while...... I had one and it was absolutely gorgeous. It takes a lot of time to hand craft a wood mods like this, you should have seen how the corners fit together.

I think people fall on rough times in their lives, and then they struggle, but this is not the way things started out with Marcus at all.

Jbox was a completely different scenario.

Anyway, I do hate seeing somebody who makes such nice things go out of business. Truth is that Fasstech will get more and more biz, and people who hand craft items won't be able to keep up with demanding growing customer base.

This is where it's going.........

Anyway, not supporting what is "going on now" but it wasn't always like this over at Bogger Box mods. Something happened......and yes, he needs to close down the web site probably

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Who knows? There was also that guy offering the plating/refinishing service for mods. "Life happened" and all of a sudden he had payments and a pile of mods from a lot of people - and no one was getting them back. "Life happens" to all of us. So it comes down to some people just don't have the head to run a small business. Sorry, they just don't. They love this stuff when it's "hobby size" and when it crosses the line to real money and real obligations some people just can't hack it as a sole proprietor. In the process they took all the fun out of their former hobby and find they don't like it so much.

No matter, nothing can be changed now. Anyone with outstanding orders should be contacting their credit card issuing bank to see what their options still are. Don't wait. Once that option expires anything else becomes a matter of legal recourse, with the high probability that you will never see either your money back or a mod to show for it.
:2c:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes, it's not a good situation. Tomzgreat, who is one of boggers most enthusiastic proponents even lists them as "not selling anymore" on his recent bottom feeder thread.

I'd be contacting my credit card company or Paypal demanding a refund if I hadn't already.

Even if by some stroke of luck, you get your mod, your basically on your own once you get it.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Yes, it's not a good situation. Tomzgreat, who is one of boggers most enthusiastic proponents even lists them as "not selling anymore" on his recent bottom feeder thread.

I'd be contacting my credit card company or Paypal demanding a refund if I hadn't already.

Even if by some stroke of luck, you get your mod, your basically on your own once you get it.

I don't have them in the not selling anymore section

I've listed him and I've put a caution in. I like Marcus and I'm kind of unsure what to put so I have put the red flags next to his listing. I'm monitoring the thread and seeing if my own issues get resolved. If I see it getting worse then I'll have to move him to that section.
This is exactly how it's listed.
"Bogger Box Mods - Mini 11/08/2013 Not ECF Member. many are saying slow service"

I'm just not sure about the situation over there and don't want to hurt someones business if we only have half the picture.

Marcus says that he's been super busy and he just had his best month ever. Hard to gauge whether he's just too busy and customer service is lacking or if there is a real problem.

I've been watching this post and there is only 11 posts, with the volume he's doing, we aren't seeing the 100s of posts when a company of his size goes down.

I'm monitoring this thread because I want the list of bottom feeders guide to be accurate. We are in a definite gray area here.

Last edited:

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
Wow, I came onto ECF after months to find the bogger box thread so that I could post my complaints and found this thread. Well, add one more to the list. I ordered months ago and never received my box. I figured, give the guy done time and be patient. Well when I thought a lot of time had passed, I thought it would be a good idea to contact him with a status on my order. As the customer, all I wanted was a bit if reassurance that he was working on it or it's been sent or an ETA or SOMETHING. Well after 2 lengthy emails and never receiving a single reply, I sent one more email last week stating that if he did not contact me within 5 days that I'd contact my bank and take my concerns to EFC. So here I am.

I understand that building those takes time and effort. I understand that one can get busy and overwhelmed with orders. I also understand that one may not be able to reply to every email or inquiry sent that same day. But to run a business and completely ignore customers concerns and emails is totally unacceptable. If you can't keep up, stop taking orders! If you can't maintain a correspondence with your customers or are too cheap to hire someone to help you deal with the customer service side of things...you have no business taking peoples hard earned money. In fact, he shouldn't even be doing business. One of the simplest aspects of running a business is customer service and correspondence with your customers. I don't care if you can make a mod made of marshmallows the shape of the energizer bunny...it just doesn't matter when you can't even manage the basics.

I haven't read through the threads posted above but I'm hoping I'll find some answers on what I have to do.

Thank you for spreading the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Marcus says that he's been super busy and he just had his best month ever. Hard to gauge whether he's just too busy and customer service is lacking or if there is a real problem.

I've been watching this post and there is only 11 posts, with the volume he's doing, we aren't seeing the 100s of posts when a company of his size goes down.

I'm monitoring this thread because I want the list of bottom feeders guide to be accurate. We are in a definite gray area here.

See here for six more pages. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/487577-bogger-box-mods.html

Also, Bogger is no longer a registered ECF supplier. (See the closed, archived forum for the date that happened.) The web site was recently updated, however no one bothered to remove this, which still shows on every page on the site:

200x200_registered_supplier.png

Intentional or not, it's misleading at the very least.

Cara T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Jacksonville, FL, USA
I ordered a custom box on 07/25/13 and have not received my item. I really liked Tomzgreat DNA20 Box mod and he was super excited about his product, so excited that he shared pictures with me. I have attempted to contact Marcus by email and by phone. My only option is to initiate a dispute with my bank. I am not even upset that I have waited for this long. I am upset because no one will tell me what is happening. A simple email stating he was super busy and that he was working on it would have sufficed.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well after total ignoring of my Emails. The Bogger Boxes I've been waiting for have shown up on my door.
I've had problems with both my DNA Boxes and my VV Boxes, so I've standardized on the Regular Bottom Feeder.

I'ts complicated but these two Bogger Boxes make Marcus and I even.

Unfortunately the customer service was abysmal. The one box is high quality craftsmenship.

The second which was custom made has obvious flaws.Finish is imperfect and marred, the door doesn't close tightly and on examination the seams aren't even. I'll accept it as it is.

This concludes my business with Bogger Box unless things change.

I can't recommend that anyone purchase from Bogger Box Mods while his current customer service level is so low. Borderline whether to start chargebacks. I was tempted but then it just showed up on my door

bfbb1.JPG bfbb2.JPG

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Tom,
Im guessing that you brought them allot of business and I'm guessing (hoping) that your candor above will deter anyone fortunate enough to read it from sending their $$$ to bogger.

I'm glad you got your mods back but saddened that they didn't even treat one of their strongest and most vocal advocates with decency.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
I had read the boggerbox thread before it was closed. I ordered a custom mini bottom feeder in September and saw that people who ordered theirs not much earlier than me were spontaneously receiving them. I read this around Oct or Nov and decided to give it a bit more to see if I get mine.

Just saw this thread and tomzgreat's last post and I don't know whether to be encouraged or more cautious. I'm still waiting on my boggerbox and I'm not sure if I should just call the credit card company already. What a crap situation. I'm sorry but in the vaping world this guy should lose all credibility, despite having been good in the past. It's just unacceptable in any situation to cut out people who gave you money and leave them in the dark.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I had read the boggerbox thread before it was closed. I ordered a custom mini bottom feeder in September and saw that people who ordered theirs not much earlier than me were spontaneously receiving them. I read this around Oct or Nov and decided to give it a bit more to see if I get mine.

Just saw this thread and tomzgreat's last post and I don't know whether to be encouraged or more cautious. I'm still waiting on my boggerbox and I'm not sure if I should just call the credit card company already. What a crap situation. I'm sorry but in the vaping world this guy should lose all credibility, despite having been good in the past. It's just unacceptable in any situation to cut out people who gave you money and leave them in the dark.
Click on image below to see it in readable size.
BB_time_period1.jpg
Three ways to deal with this situation, he represents 40 working days See Above. Don't bother him for 40 working days or Two Months.

Not fair to email before 40 Working days, he tells you at the beginning that is what it will take. Fair is Fair. If you are writing before 40 Working days you are bogging down his email box and reducing his ability to respond to those that he is late on.

My suggestions are the following. Pick one and then stick with it. This will take away the anger. When you have a plan instead of uncertainty then it usually makes you feel better.

1. If you don't feel like dragging it out too long, but want to give it a little extra time. At the end of two months. He represents 40 days, email him using the contact system on his site. In addition use the snip program and capture the letter you write. This will provide evidence to the cc company that you have demanded your product and that you are being ignored. Be nice, even though you may be seething, just be nice on first letter. Do it again the following week be nice but send the formal letter of demand. If still no response then charge back on the cc in the 3rd week.

2. If you are like me and really want the product.
Then at the end of two months email him nicely once or twice a week and ask about your box, and keep doing it, . If no answer, I'd suggest that at the end of 3 - 4 months you just charge it back. Under no circumstance go beyond 4 months. That's too long. I've noticed that it seems like anyone that waits over 4 months just never gets it.

3. The other
Hey he didn't stick to his representation and at two months email him once with a final letter of demand wait a week and then charge back [if you don't hear back from him]. After all he didn't live up to his part of the bargain. This is the easy route. It's very frustrating to wait for a product after the time it's due and the provider doesn't have the courtesy of updating you.

I believe that Marcus is delivering because this thread is simply too short. With the type of volume that he's doing, you'd see way more people posting on this thread and others. It just seems that he's doing too much business and some fall through the cracks.

I love his product but I consider it a crapshoot about whether and when you will receive your product.

By the way, my experience with his DNA Box wasn't good. It broke on me twice. I traded it in for a mechanical. I suspect that he may not be adequately sealing the DNA part. So if you buy one you might consider a silicon seal around the black box that holds the chip. Or I'd suggest that you stick with the mechanical or the regular VV.

The Regular VV is only good if you plan to Vape at 1 Ohm and above. He puts a protection chip in that will short out at Sub Ohm levels.

The mechanical bottom feeder kicks ...! And if you use a Panasonic NCR18650PD it will only fluctuate around .20V in 8-10 hours use.
I have a post about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread