The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Boil vs Vodka

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by Nilius, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nilius

Nilius Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    CLE
    Has anyone done both? I've been boiling my carts and today I dropped 3 into some vodka for a few hours. I didn't notice any difference with the vodka. It seemed to clean them just as well as boiling.

Is it all a conspiracy just to increase vodka sales? Let the V4Lers decide!!!

2. jzr1024

jzr1024 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    East Coast Buffalo, NY
    vodka is ALWAYS goooooooood....as long as it's made from potatoes and not wheat.

i have used vodka for cleaning.....works well. i haven't tried boiling yet just because i wasn't sure if the batting in the cart would hold up.

~jeff

3. nbourbaki

nbourbaki Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Cincinnati
    I wouldn't waste Chopin on cart cleaning.

4. jzr1024

jzr1024 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    East Coast Buffalo, NY
    you are sooooooo right comrade. :)

~jeff

5. Gamer

Gamer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I was wondering the same thing. I have yet to actually need to clean a cart because i use the carts till there is no flavor and i refill using the same flavor or a stronger flavor to mask the old flavor.

I have used vodka on many other atys that I had, but never on a Cartomizer.

(EDIT: YAY 100th post)

6. starchelle

starchelle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Georgia
    I use good ol' Golden Grain on mine. The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't pull the menthol flavors out all the way. Anyone got any hints for that?

7. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Does the vodka taste any better after cleaning cartos in it? You may have come up with a new drink. I mean that real exspensive coffee that the cats eat the beans first then deficate them before they are ground and sold. If people do that they will do anything. You might have a new coctail there.

8. Nilius

Jan 23, 2010
    CLE
    After experiencing the smell of multiple carts boiling, I wouldn't think to try it.

9. Belletrist

Belletrist Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    Virginia
    i've done both and gotten similar results, with the difference that boiling water costs me nothing. :lol:

10. Nilius

Jan 23, 2010
    CLE
    /agree. Boil it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.