Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
It would be excellent to have a sticky of measured atomizer temperatures. We know that some models run a lot hotter than others, why dont suppliers spec their units with this info? Something like 3 second drag this temp, 6 second drag this temp etc. No doubt it's affected by the rest time between drags too.

Part of the higher temp using VG will be taking a bigger drag/pressing the manual button longer to get VG to vaporize, and partly the consistency of juice will effect temperature due to the lower flow rate and hence lower cooling effect.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Heres a step closer, after the rant, that is. "rlorange
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...2-propylene-glycol-vegetable-glycerine-6.html

Final Chemistry post:

The concern for VG is that when heated above 280degrees Celsius is cemically converts to the HIGHLY toxic acrolein. Acrolein is one of the major toxic products found in cigarette smoke.

I would be VERY concerned about this because this temperature 280 degrees is LOWER than Glycerols boiling point of 290 degrees Celsius! If you are making VG vapour then you are probably either making or close to making toxic acrolein in the process.

Sounds like a plan Spikey :)

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Im a newbie..What vg?

Vegetable Glycerin

---

An 801 on 6v runs hot enough for a bright orange glow of the atomizer. Anyone considering using VG on 6 volts should read the link Kate provided above (Thanks Kate!). I missed that thread the first time around and had a very bad experience with VG on 6 volts. PG is fine on 6v (As far as I know) I haven't had any of the irritation with PG as I had with VG.

More on my take on it here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/17160-vg-based-e-liquid-6-volts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread