Status
Not open for further replies.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
coke is full of sugar, colorings, flavorings, iso alcohol is not good to get in mouth or inhale....

water does not have those things...

i would not boil though.. all it takes is run some hot water through the atty and dip or do tops 2 min soak is everclear.. none of that overnight stuff since alcohols will eat up the glue that holds the atty together

dry burns also work wonders.. most of the time i just dry burn..

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Don't use regular Coke/Pepsi - use Diet and it does work but tough to rinse out.

Isopropanol does work for me but really don't like the risk of possible bad stuff being left around.

Hot water works, I've found, when used routinely like every night - followed by full dry time and reprime.

For 15 minute cleaning, try Crest Pro Mouthwash (blue). Works well and minty fresh vape in the morning :D

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Water is free.

I boil for a few minuets then I rinse and blow out. If I can still smell the liquid I repeat until I can no longer smell it. Then it gets hit with a blow dryer until it's very dry. Seems to work for me. I haven't lost an atty yet and they are all working great. I am a heavy vaper and I use all kinds of different liquids. I only do this when the atty starts to taste funky. If it's drawing hard I just use a small needle and clean out the air holes including the one on top of the threads.

Just my 2 cents.

Hsmith

Apr 11, 2010
Ohio
I would agree with multiple rinsing, given you allow proper time to dry, surely wouldn't hurt to run alcohol through then rinse thoroughly with warm water. My first cleaning I'm going to try just the Alcohol knowing that it does break down oils from what I've seen at work, and pretty much harmless to the atty, only concern is if the taste is there after drying, and if so, is it after the priming? Time will tell shortly, if it does, then the water to rinse after will be a must.

Also, as for the dry burning, that has to shorten the life of the atty, regardless of the temp it can take. Wouldn't advise that IMO.

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
I have four Joye 510 atomizers that are going on 8 months old. All four get a dry burn as part of their cleaning cycle at least once or twice each week.

I have four 510 clones that are over two months old. All of them get the same cleaning cycle as the Joye atomizers. And all are going strong.

I have some others as well, they've been in use for much less time and I plan on using dry burns as part of their cleaning cycle.

Nichrome is made to glow red hot. Done right, I don't see how any life is being shortened from dry burns.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
Water is free.

I boil for a few minuets then I rinse and blow out. If I can still smell the liquid I repeat until I can no longer smell it. Then it gets hit with a blow dryer until it's very dry. Seems to work for me. I haven't lost an atty yet and they are all working great. I am a heavy vaper and I use all kinds of different liquids. I only do this when the atty starts to taste funky. If it's drawing hard I just use a small needle and clean out the air holes including the one on top of the threads.

Just my 2 cents.

ditto, the air holes usually get clogged long before the funny taste.

VictorySpeedway

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Northern New Jersey, USA
I rotate 11 (the 12th went south) mega atty's. Every week or two, I put them in a glass of very hot (not boiling) water. I use the kitchen sink sprayer to agitate them in the glass, then let them sit for about 10 minutes.

After that, I blow them out and let them dry overnight.

Also, I remove the stuffing from the carts and soak them in hot water, put them on a paper towel and let them dry overnight. I have two dozen or so pieces of stuffing (polyfil) that I rotate.

Stuffing that's been soaked/rinsed works much better than fresh stuff. I don't know why; it's "crunchier," and seems to hold liquid better.

Additionally, don't over-stuff your carts. Too much creates a draw that'll give you a hernia, and you'll never be able to completely saturate the whole length of the stuffing. Less is more.

I've been using the same atty's for months and months.

Works for me.

Theophage

Sep 28, 2010
South East USA
Dry burns and compressed air

The rest is hocus pocus

Whether dry burning will be successful depends on a number of factors.
I suppose that the amount and type of junk to be burned off is one of them.

The design of the atty heater can make a difference - they're not all the same,
and some can handle dry burning better than others.

Another factor is the battery. A big mod-type battery might cause the heater
to melt, although a smaller one might be OK.

The long and short of this is that 'your mileage may vary.'
I'm hoping for a molybdenum silicide heated atty. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread