Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
uh oh! So I have a long list of bookmarked ECF posts. I've just noticed since the 'new face of ECF' appeared the other day - my bookmarks no longer take me to the actual post I bookmarked - just to the top of the page w/ the post.

Anyone else seeing this?

It's cumbersome scanning the entire page for the post I'm looking for.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
hmmm? Actually I think something changed in early June, not the recent face lift.

Bookmarks to a particular post created on and after June 9, 2014 seem to be working fine.

Bookmarks on and prior to June 5th, go to the top of the page, not the bookmarked post.

Don't know about June 6-8. Don't have any from those dates.

Could the post indexing have changed in early June?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
ah ha! May be on to something w/ providing you examples. Thanks for the interest/help.

Here's one that I had bookmarked and now only goes to top of page. It should go to post#842 on page 85 (w/ profile set to show default #post per page). It goes to the top of the page.

http:...//XXX.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/541992-tibs2-bap-85.html#post12803526

The current url it redirects to shows it was moved to 'closed-coops'. I wonder if that is what's going awry?

http:..../XXX.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/closed-coops/541992-tibs2-bap-85.html#post12803526

Some more testing of my bookmarks seems to show it's only happening (not working) for threads that were moved from one forum area to another. Perhaps it's always been this way, but I don't recall it being a problem in the past.

(but at my age, I can't recall a bunch of stuff):laugh:

[I 'fudged' the URL's so I could display them as text]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread