BOOM WIRE?? anybody heard of it/have experience with it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
so i might be "out of the loop" here. but just browsing youtube and came across Ariel Asido video with a build that he used "boom wire". he says a b&m shop in SD supplies it but they dont have a website.

ive been a member of this forum and scoured countless threads and posts but never heard/seen it mentioned on here.
i was wondering if anybody here has had experience with it? feedback? is it safe? pros? cons? anybody in SD willing to send me some in Hawaii? hahaha.

this is one of the videos.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
if i remember this is supposedly kanthalA, a different blend then the kanthal a1. think it was called alumachrome from sweden? cant remember..... dig around and im sure you can find a source to import it cheaper then the 20 bucks for 15 feet these guys are asking. nothing some 28g ribbon at subohm couldnt do.

before you become over impressed with the clouds turn up the volume and listen to the size of the lung hits he has to take to do that :D

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI

yeah, i noticed the lung hit. especially with 4 1/8" airholes at .1xx ohms, its kinda ridiculous. haha. i noticed they dont mention anything about flavor either. but, i was just curious if anybody had any feedback as far as flavor and ease of building with it. the clouds dont really impress me, i can blow clouds like that... :D its the supposed reduced heat and amount of hits before redripping that caught my attention. one video he took like 18 draws before he had the hint of a dry hit.

but yeah, over a buck a foot is too damn pricey for me. haha. the way i like to play/experiment with my builds, the 20ft would last me a week maybe.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I know! It's crazy. I don't think I've go that low...but like I said, the heat reduction aspect and reduced liquid consumption sounds interesting.

IMO wire does not influence heat reduction or juice use. Heat reduction is due to large enough air holes and lung hits, both increasing air flow which keeps things cool. There is also no reduced juice consumption. I put enough juice in my Trident clone to vape a dozen hits easy. It pools on the deck and as long as I keep the coils out of it, all is well. That vapor production is due to juice vaporizing ;)

armoworrior

ECF Veteran
Im pretty sure its the shop that mc vapes workes at called vapure. Ive seen that guy in a video with mc vapes they are definitely part of the san diego vape group. From what ive seen and heard that when its cloud blowing time they use 100% vg juice no flavor and zero nic. They are just playing around with their devices. But definitely check out vapure

Last edited:

mrmarc

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
California
mcvapes.com
Actually, Ariel and I never use 0mg unflavored VG in any of our videos. Just to clear that up. :) As for Boom Wires, as far as I know, it is only available at The Switch.

Im pretty sure its the shop that mc vapes workes at called vapure. Ive seen that guy in a video with mc vapes they are definitely part of the san diego vape group. From what ive seen and heard that when its cloud blowing time they use 100% vg juice no flavor and zero nic. They are just playing around with their devices. But definitely check out vapure

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I havent tried the Boom wires but im currently using the beast mode wires on my nimbus. Got a nice center post dual coil micro build. It is my go to vape when im at home. Not an out and about vape, (too many clouds). If the boom wire is more intense than the beast mode id be interested in seeing what its like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread