Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

Very happy to announce that I received the Boost rba pod for this review after already having received the Boost Kit several weeks earlier. My review on the boost kit is available on this forum;

Intro.jpg

design.jpg

It is called an rba, but to me it’s a RDTA as you drop your wicks in the tank and the coil is hanging above it.

What you’ll get in the package

- 1*Geekvape Aegis Boost DIY Pod
- 2*Pre-Made Round Wire Coils For MTL
- 2*Pre-Made Clapton Coils For DL
- 2*Screws
- 1*Cotton
- 1*Allen Key

Packaging-1.jpg

Packaging-2.jpg

Packacging-3.jpg

Packiging-4.jpg

Thoughts on this RBA Base

To be entirely honest, this RBA/RDTA pod is so much better than the Voopoo and SMOK RBA coils in all ways.

Overall design is good, the chamber screws very smoothly onto the base and the threading seems of precise and good quality. Being able to use any 510 drip-tips on top of the chamber is a huge win as well.

Pod-apart.jpg

chamber.jpg

build-deck.jpg

bottom-of-pod.jpg

Was happy to see Geekvape added 4 coils to the box, 2 for a DTL build and 2 for a MTL build, could start building right out of the package.

The pod clicks well into place just like the regular one, below a picture of the regular and RBA pod, in design also similar.

boost-v-normal-pod.jpg

It is really easy to build on with the clamp deck, placing a coil takes seconds.

I started off with the 0.6ohm Clapton coil that came with it and I had a bit of a hard time with the cotton and airflow. Due to its 3mm ID it pretty much covers the whole airflow inlet from the bottom and therefor got very restricted lung hits. After doing some research I figured I could move the coil up higher to allow more air to travel through the chamber, that improved.

dtl-build.jpg

The cotton for me is the trickiest part with a 3mm ID coil, it took me quite some days to finally get to the point where I found the right amount of cotton. It is very important to very well comb out the ends of each side, otherwise you’ll just overstuff the wicking holes and you’ll get dry hits.

To me when I put a 2.5mm ID Clapton it was overall much better, more airflow and easier wicking.

vapor.jpg

Where this RBA shines for me is with a simple round wire kanthal MTL coil. Fantastic flavor with a really nice throath hit, the airflow allows for a really tight MTL hit. Also the wicking is much easier as there is less cotton. Probably I like this most because the original boost pod does not really have a true mouth to long coil.

mtl-build-2.jpg

mtl-build.jpg

The flavor from this RBA is excellent both DTL and MTL, I even had some ‘wows’ slipping through my mind sometimes, that is how surprised I am with this RBA.

Airflow wise I find that it is more restricted than the boost pod, for me even a bit too restricted to vape it above 30 watts.

What I like least about this RBA pod is filling it and its capacity, 2 ML is really little, especially when using it with a DTL build. Filling can be really hard and messy sometimes especially when using larger bottles, you just can’t get it in there deep enough and I ended up several times with liquid all over my pod instead of inside the pod.

fill-port.jpg

Another thing I personally dislike is the rubber plug that needs to be pulled open to fill. Just like in the regular pod it is just for me really hard to get it out. Often I end up popping it open with tweezers or a screwdriver.

Final thoughts

For me the best available RBA/RDTA available for a pod-mod currently, it is easy to build on and delivers a proper DTL vape and excellent MTL vape. I recommend this for the MTL lovers that miss a proper MTL coil in the regular boost pod, and for DTLers that need something portable and are OK with a quite restricted lung hit.

Pro’s:

- Good Flavor
- Easy to build on
- Airflow adjustable just like the regular pod
- 510 drip tips
- Packaging (4 coils is a good start)

Cons:

- Capacity – 2ML is not much
- Filling can be messy
- Rubber plug on fill port is hard to get out

Thank you for reading my review!

SP013