Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
A place to discuss and share information related to the ever growing boro mod platform. Feel free to post everything related to Boro mods, attys, tanks, face plates, buttons, modifications, customizations, repairs, and new drop's. Share photos and experiences with all of your boro devices and accessories. The idea is to create one place for all of us to come together not dedicated to one device but to all.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I've been thoroughly enjoying the recently released SXK DNA 60 Ionbox clone. The QC on my particular device is superb, and it's been practically glued to my hand since arriving. I currently have a couple of DNA 60 SXK Billet Boxes, and must admit that I'm liking the Ionbox MUCH better. Here's a couple of pics I posted in another thread with a DNA 60 Abyss for comparison:

SXK Ion.jpg

SXK Ion2.jpg

Here is something I'm REALLY enjoying compared to my Billet Boxes.... This pic was taken after 3 days of use without removing the boro, only refilling when needed:

Dry City Boro.jpg

NO CONDENSATION!! I mean dry!! In comparison to my Billet Boxes, I find this incredible, and attribute it to the air intake cut into the back of the Ionbox. The Ionbox also has the "old-school" box mod vibe going on that I like...it's just been a joy to use, and the first device that's had me excited to own in awhile. In fact, I just placed an order for another one in black..... ;) :)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I've been thoroughly enjoying the recently released SXK DNA 60 Ionbox clone. The QC on my particular device is superb, and it's been practically glued to my hand since arriving. I currently have a couple of DNA 60 SXK Billet Boxes, and must admit that I'm liking the Ionbox MUCH better. Here's a couple of pics I posted in another thread with a DNA 60 Abyss for comparison:

View attachment 978430

View attachment 978431

Here is something I'm REALLY enjoying compared to my Billet Boxes.... This pic was taken after 3 days of use without removing the boro, only refilling when needed:

View attachment 978432

NO CONDENSATION!! I mean dry!! In comparison to my Billet Boxes, I find this incredible, and attribute it to the air intake cut into the back of the Ionbox. The Ionbox also has the "old-school" box mod vibe going on that I like...it's just been a joy to use, and the first device that's had me excited to own in awhile. In fact, I just placed an order for another one in black..... ;) :)
Ever since I saw your post in another thread, I've been eyeing off the SXK Ionbox. Sounds like I need to jump in and buy one. How's the weight?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I don't have my scale handy, but I would say that the weight is a bit lighter than the Billet Box. Aluminum alloy construction as well... FT has it listed at 122 grams, and the SXK BB at 172 grams, which could well be correct.

If the QC remains consistent to what I received, I highly recommend the SXK Ionbox for boro device aficionados... :thumb: ;)

EDIT: If one is thinking of purchasing an Ionbox from FT, be sure to put in the coupon code DEALS for the $127.92 USD price (DNA 60 version). FT states the DEALS code will expire on August 18th. Just a heads-up since it's possible to throw one in the cart for $159.90 without knowing about the sale...

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I don't have my scale handy, but I would say that the weight is a bit lighter than the Billet Box. Aluminum alloy construction as well... FT has it listed at 122 grams, and the SXK BB at 172 grams, which could well be correct.

If the QC remains consistent to what I received, I highly recommend the SXK Ionbox for boro device aficionados... :thumb: ;)

EDIT: If one is thinking of purchasing an Ionbox from FT, be sure to put in the coupon code DEALS for the $127.92 USD price (DNA 60 version). FT states the DEALS code will expire on August 18th. Just a heads-up since it's possible to throw one in the cart for $159.90 without knowing about the sale...
Thanks. That's a great price for a good quality DNA 60 mod.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yep, the SXK Ionbox is a definite keeper for certain! I finally got around to removing the boro from the previous pic above, and had a smile on my face after it dropped into my hand when released with absolutely NO condensation after 4 days of exclusive use.... :2cool: :thumbs:

Dry Boro Area.jpg

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Yep, the SXK Ionbox is a definite keeper for certain! I finally got around to removing the boro from the previous pic above, and had a smile on my face after it dropped into my hand when released with absolutely NO condensation after 4 days of exclusive use.... :2cool: :thumbs:

View attachment 978576
The positive pin looks nice and sealed in the picture. Looks like it a grommet around the pin...

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Im on the dragon side today with the wicked. Setting this rda up is a hit or miss with me. Sometimes I take out to much cotton and sometimes I leave in to much cotton.

When I get it right its a pleasure to vape with. Another thing I stop doing is pulsing for hot spots when using a single wire build... I just strum the wire cold and juice it. I dont get a metallic taste when I juice the wire first. I quess I get a longer coil run, like two weeks before It burns the cotton a little...

there's some really nice attys coming down the pipeline from sxk. They just released the Mobb 2 in Ti, SS, black and gold with color crowns to complement it...
20220816_202632.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Getting EVL today.... :evil: Seriously though, the flavor with this EVL Alien in MTL is on-point IMO, and the draw is smooth. I would still have to say that the VWM Dope clone has been totally owning every bridge tried so far from my arsenal, including this one...

EVL Ion.jpg

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Getting EVL today.... :evil: Seriously though, the flavor with this EVL Alien in MTL is on-point IMO, and the draw is smooth. I would still have to say that the VWM Dope clone has been totally owning every bridge tried so far from my arsenal, including this one...

View attachment 978879
I enjoy the Dope too. I've got a 5AVape clone and an SXK clone..The 5A version is machined better and the deck is identical (as far as I can tell from photos) to the authentic. The SXK has slightly raised clamp edges. Not sure if it's my imagination but the af feels a bit less smooth in the SXK clone.
They have different chimney heights too.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I enjoy the Dope too. I've got a 5AVape clone and an SXK clone..The 5A version is machined better and the deck is identical (as far as I can tell from photos) to the authentic. The SXK has slightly raised clamp edges. Not sure if it's my imagination but the af feels a bit less smooth in the SXK clone.
They have different chimney heights too.
Damm this looks really nice, I like the black and grey with the clear door.. The whole set-up is Dope!

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC

View attachment 978879
Damm this looks really nice, I like the black and grey with the clear door.. The whole set-up is Dope!

Sorry for quoting the wrong post...smh Im tierd today..

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA

Sorry for quoting the wrong post...smh Im tierd today..

Thanks! :) I've really been enjoying this mod. Actually, the color is silver. I liked the way the pic turned out without a flash. Does appear to be a flat gray color in it.

Going by FT's listing, the silver DNA 60 SXK Ion Boxes have been discontinued. :( Makes me glad that I moved on mine when I did for the original MAP pricing of $124.95 the short period it was offered, and then the black version for the coupon sale price of $127.92. The black DNA 60 Ion Box is now back up to $159.90, with no current sale or discount......

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Thanks! :) I've really been enjoying this mod. Actually, the color is silver. I liked the way the pic turned out without a flash. Does appear to be a flat gray color in it.

Going by FT's listing, the silver DNA 60 SXK Ion Boxes have been discontinued. :( Makes me glad that I moved on mine when I did for the original MAP pricing of $124.95 the short period it was offered, and then the black version for the coupon sale price of $127.92. The black DNA 60 Ion Box is now back up to $159.90, with no current sale or discount......
You got a great price for sure. I had a DNA 60 silver in my cart before 18 Aug but was too slow to pull the trigger and missed the deals. I just ordered the sevo version in silver for $94. Also picked up a translucent black door which should go well with the black front panel.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
So here we are with the BXR, I must say I was a bit skeptical about the dual airflow. I was affraid it was going to be to open for me. I must say so far Im enjoying the vape on this thing. Nice and smooth and great vapor production and flavor with the mobb 2 mini so far. Im using the mobb mini with the stock airflow pin in Dl mode. Also as another member mentioned earlier the mod feels very nice in the hand with the button placement and size. I'll give it a few days and see how it go's...
20220823_211739.jpg
20220823_211913.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
So here we are with the BXR, I must say I was a bit skeptical about the dual airflow. I was affraid it was going to be to open for me. I must say so far Im enjoying the vape on this thing. Nice and smooth and great vapor production and flavor with the mobb 2 mini so far. Im using the mobb mini with the stock airflow pin in Dl mode. Also as another member mentioned earlier the mod feels very nice in the hand with the button placement and size. I'll give it a few days and see how it go's... View attachment 979030 View attachment 979031

Looks great.

Reactions: AngeNZ

Users who are viewing this thread