Boston Hearld Editorial: "Hey, Who Needs Science?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2013
Sydney Australia
Thanks for posting. The Moe one is good. There is one there by a Robert Capia. He says to put this into google search "SANCO correspondence with Industry lobbyists over TPD” It produces a lot of PDF's of communication between BP and BT prior to the European judgement. Could be some interesting stuff in there..............but there is a big pile. I'm going over it slowly........you never know what you could find:unsure:

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
Also check out the reply from one Robert Johnson jr...............he likes his research.

And John Davidson Jr (son actor from the 70's?? ;)) posts also have lots of great information!

In general, I find the comments sections to be a wealth of great information & links to more.

darkcelestialillumination

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Florida, United States
This is a really a great read. The studies, citations and data in the comments section alone are fantastic. I look forward to reading thru the studies.
(WOW, the statements from OSHA about second hand smoke are really a BOMBSHELL. Who KNEW????)

Not wanting to kill another conversation but the entire anti-smoking campaign was based on the same type of junk science, media lies and ANTZ propaganda as the current e-cigarette campaign. It's why they're coming after vapers now.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Not wanting to kill another conversation but the entire anti-smoking campaign was based on the same type of junk science, media lies and ANTZ propaganda as the current e-cigarette campaign. It's why they're coming after vapers now.

I wouldn't say the whole anti-smoking campaign was based on junk science; however, once someone realized there was gold to be found in those hills, the campaign became a war. Junk stats on smoking related deaths, second hand smoke, smokeless tobacco and now nicotine unless BP provides it at exorbitant prices.

You have to hand it to them, they followed the blueprint and the propaganda machine has been very effective. I'm seriously hoping that e cigs can break the trend and it will take all our efforts to accomplish that. Unfortunately, we are faced with some terribly well financed opposition. Somehow, we have to dry up that money supple. I'm hoping that TC is like the German Army that over extended their supply lines by invading Russia. If the money drains up from the Pharma industry and the Fed finally realizes it needs to become somewhat fiscally responsible, our friends in the ?non-profit?"health" associations will feel the trickle down effect and perhaps get back to looking for real problems to solve. What am I, dreaming?

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
You have to hand it to them, they followed the blueprint and the propaganda machine has been very effective.

The most insidious aspect of it is that the puritans and prohibitionists are given free and almost unlimited access to public schools, where they're able to turn small children into foot soldiers in their various social bigotry campaigns. My kids have been taught to know disinformation and propaganda when they see it, and that when representatives of the state come into your classroom and urge you to mindlessly chant various political slogans (often in exchange for t-shirts, bracelets, and other enticements), all they're trying to do is make you a compliant, unthinking drone that unconditionally says and does what it's programmed to say and do, and never questions the policies and motives of those in power. Unfortunately, most parents can't see this crap for what it is; they see a campaign that claims to be about "public health" and take it at face value, thinking the state is kindly saving them the trouble of parenting.

Edit: After I posted this, I was talking about this subject with my wife, and she reminded me of the time our son was in 1st grade and came home crying inconsolably because someone came to the school and told the kids that everyone who smokes is going to die. So naturally, as a 7 year old, he thought that meant I was going to be dead within a matter of days or weeks and he wouldn't have a dad anymore. This was a small child being emotionally tortured by the state in the name of "public health" shock value, and it's as morally repugnant as morally repugnant can be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread