Boston University Finally Confirms Ecigs To Be Rather Healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
Yea I tried to make it to this study but by the time I found out the study was almost up and the appointment was on a monday that my boss needed me to go see a high end customer(who owns a blu kit yet doesn't use it, he's trying cold turkey), so work before play. I like how they say "we know more about what's in e-liquid than an actual cigarette"

scott10699

Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
this is so good to hear. its funny that when something marketed for smokers would be turned around by the government and other people saying that it is geared towards children because of its attractive "flavors"... lool.....

there's nothing wrong with electronic cigarettes, even IF it can pose risks towards its users, everything in the world today can pose a health risk, even with the types of foods we eat that is known to lead to obesity such as fast foods. what is government and health advocates doing about these? banning the sales of happy meals and big macs?? at my workplace i already see teenagers at a young age of 15 already smoking a pack a day...i already see lil kids that look like whales eating double big macs with large cokes..with nothing being done. this is ultimately the stupidest thing reading on the FDA, HC etc etc on their views about ecigs. they need to get a life..

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
this is so good to hear. its funny that when something marketed for smokers would be turned around by the government and other people saying that it is geared towards children because of its attractive "flavors"... lool.....

there's nothing wrong with electronic cigarettes, even IF it can pose risks towards its users, everything in the world today can pose a health risk, even with the types of foods we eat that is known to lead to obesity such as fast foods. what is government and health advocates doing about these? banning the sales of happy meals and big macs?? at my workplace i already see teenagers at a young age of 15 already smoking a pack a day...i already see lil kids that look like whales eating double big macs with large cokes..with nothing being done. this is ultimately the stupidest thing reading on the FDA, HC etc etc on their views about ecigs. they need to get a life..

I know when I was still smoking I was so happy to hear tanning booths were more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes! I used that fact like a .50 cal sniper rifle on anyone who gave me crap for smoking! they still ask the same 2 questions though "is it safe?" and "do you know what's in it?" now I can say with confidence it's safe and I know more about what's in it than a cigarette. then I like to throw in that pg is used in city water in most cities and in cake icing and 100 other products you'd never guess.

Storm0075

Jan 9, 2011
Eljton, MD
Not to be Debbie Downer here, but the question has never been whether PG was safe or not. It is a question of the damage to the lungs once it is turned into vapor and not digested or used as a topical agent. If I am wrong then please correct me, but I thought that was what the main part of the study was about (those being conducted by true scientists) was to see the effects of VG/PG becoming vapor and inhaled and not being used as it was originally intended. Now there are bronchial medicines that have I believe it is PG in it, but that is not enough for them and quite frankly not enough for me either. I already know it is safer for me than a cigarette, I am wondering how much safer and what the long term side effects are. Aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread