Bottle Droppers and Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Here's one for glass, also plastics. I maybe am being a little alarmist here, but a couple weeks ago there were shipments of VG36mg.ml juice. Nuff said. That stuff was reeking before I (and others) ever opened the 'plastic' bottles. The outside of those containers just did not feel right. After the seal was broken I couldn't keep the outside of the bottle dry and clean. Kept 'sliming' up for lack of a better word. Fluke??
I can't speak to this professionally, however I do have a thought that perhaps the juice was reactive with the containers. I'm sure there were issues within the mix as well, but maybe a glitch with the washing and rinsing pre-fill. Contaminants inside?? Contaminants in the bottle manufacturing/material itself?? For some reason the whole incident was quashed. At least from the retailer. However, I think it gave some of us the impression that this is something that bears a close watch in the future.
These juices should be placed in sterile glass containers, just MHO. Would also sterilize before use if the containers are not capped or sealed before shipping. Especially for long term storage, I would make a point to ask any supplier exactly what their sterilization/shipping practices are for their glassware. I would also make sure they are rated for liquids. (Inner liners in the caps.)
I would also give some thought to how you mix and measure your ingredients. I've done an awful lot of canning fruits and veg's and meats in my lifetime, this is nothing to ignore, and be aware of possible degradation or deteriorating wholesomeness. I would take nothing for granted.
It's one thing to mix a supply to use for a couple days or so, but long term and large volume? Careful with this.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp
http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp

VaporLasVegas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Here's one for glass, also plastics. I maybe am being a little alarmist here, but a couple weeks ago there were shipments of VG36mg.ml juice. Nuff said. That stuff was reeking before I (and others) ever opened the 'plastic' bottles. The outside of those containers just did not feel right. After the seal was broken I couldn't keep the outside of the bottle dry and clean. Kept 'sliming' up for lack of a better word. Fluke??
I can't speak to this professionally, however I do have a thought that perhaps the juice was reactive with the containers. I'm sure there were issues within the mix as well, but maybe a glitch with the washing and rinsing pre-fill. Contaminants inside?? Contaminants in the bottle manufacturing/material itself?? For some reason the whole incident was quashed. At least from the retailer. However, I think it gave some of us the impression that this is something that bears a close watch in the future.
These juices should be placed in sterile glass containers, just MHO. Would also sterilize before use if the containers are not capped or sealed before shipping. Especially for long term storage, I would make a point to ask any supplier exactly what their sterilization/shipping practices are for their glassware. I would also make sure they are rated for liquids. (Inner liners in the caps.)
I would also give some thought to how you mix and measure your ingredients. I've done an awful lot of canning fruits and veg's and meats in my lifetime, this is nothing to ignore, and be aware of possible degradation or deteriorating wholesomeness. I would take nothing for granted.
It's one thing to mix a supply to use for a couple days or so, but long term and large volume? Careful with this.
Your imput is much apreciated! I will defanitly be doing my homework.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Ok I need some guidence hear. Where would the best place to buy liquid droppers and supplies? Any one know of actual stores that carry them? and if not what the best websites.
Thank you in advance. I want to stockpile incase worse comes to worse.

In a pinch, the bottles that food coloring comes in - the screw top ones, not the ones with the pointy lids - works well as far as size.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I went looking for dropper bottles, or even eye droppers w/bottles, the other day. In walmart they looked at me like I was the elephant man. In CVS they shrugged and said, maybe in the baby section. In Kmart, they were completely clueless.......
So does anyone know what type of retail store might carry these types of supplies?

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
New online DIY store opened recently, and they are active in the forum. Pretty much everything you need to mix your own. Different sizes of dropper bottles. Menthol crystals. PG, and VG. Pipettes, tweezers, mixing cups, syringes, etc... Good prices and fast shipping. I put in my order about 11pm at night, and by 5am the next day, it was already listed as ready to ship, and did indeed go out that day. Two days later I had my stuff. They are also very responsive to questions, and the customer service is good.

You can check em out and decide for yourself. One Stop DIY Shop

I am not affiliated with this site in any way. Just saying I had a good experience with them, and thought others could benefit from a good supplier.

Ez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread