Bottle Labeling System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Has anyone been successful using a labeling system for juice bottles that is permanent? I've not found anything that will hold up very long. Didn't know there was anything that would desolve the Sharpie label until I used it around e-juice. I have a label printer but it probably not stick very long.

Ideas?

Yes, surprisingly enough, labeling plastic bottles is more of a challenge than most would think. Sharpies ink comes off as iit is soluble in PG or VG. TW bottles are worthless for writing on too. However...

I use file-folder labels, long ones, from Staples. The trick is to get a label that is long enough to wrap all the way around a bottle, and then some. They don't stick well to plastic, but the ends stick to each other very well. So I write the juice info on the label, then WITH CLEAN HANDS, apply it to the bottle, then wrap the label all the way round, and make sure the ends stick to each other, one over the other. Now you not only have a label that will stay on, but one that you can put another label over the top of easily when you change juices.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Has anyone been successful using a labeling system for juice bottles that is permanent? I've not found anything that will hold up very long. Didn't know there was anything that would desolve the Sharpie label until I used it around e-juice. I have a label printer but it probably not stick very long.

Ideas?

If you are only using a few then cover your label with clear adhesive plastic,
sellotape or a coat of nail varnish.
If you are planning to run off thousands then you could use an Intermec type printer
with label rolls that are given a special coating during manufacture. We have used
around 200,000 of those with no problems at all. If you need to know the coating
email me at work john@intellicig.com
John

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

Ideas?

Here is what I do, I mix 500ml of juice fill 50 bottles, cap them tight, the wash them in warm water. Put in a clean towel and roll dry. Then I let them air dry for about 5min. And label with standard avery 5160 labels. The warm water washes off the oils on the bottles from the manufacture and the labels STICK. I have not had one problem doing it this way. Try one bottle, rinse it under warm water and dry it. I bet the label will stick.
BTW I use the boston round 10ml bottles from US plastic.
Hope this helps.
Dan

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
I use a label maker that I got from walmart. It is in the office supply section. I think it was $25-$30. Don't remember the exact price as I actually got it a couple of years ago for label pipes for the pools I clean. It works great as the labels are like vinyl tape. I notice Dawn @ DIY Flav Shack uses the same on her bottles of e-juice.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA

Ideas?

I got a Brother Thermal Label Maker and it lasts FOREVER! I change my juice choices quicker than it takes for the label to come off. Definately permanant...

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I've got rolls of labels that won't stay stuck, LOL, so I cover them in sellotape which works fine for me (and I don't waste the labels as I bought them for that reason). On the TW bottles, I put them around the black edge of the dropper top, which also helps to see them at a glance from a distance as they're higher up than where labels normally are.

I also stick tiny little coloured round labels - which do stick - somewhere where I can easily see them, usually either on or near the label. I use a different colour for each nic level, so that I can easily identify them, particularly the TW ones as their tiny little transparent labels are impossible to read, even from close up... Eg: green for 11mg, red for 18mg, blue for 24mg.

I do the same thing with the little coloured round labels for my carts (as I always only use one flavour per cart and atty so's not to mix up flavours), and mark each one with a letter or two to identify the flavour. It can be bit tricky placing them sometimes, depending on the size of the cart, and it can make the cart look a bit "multicoloured", but I'd be lost without them otherwise. They do eventually get smeared by the liquid, but are easy enough to replace.

I have rows and rows of bottles near me, as I tend to like to frequently change flavours and nic levels, and a bowl full of atties each with their own one cart attached to it. So I find the "colour coding" very helpful to me for making it easy to quickly grab the one I want. In fact, I even have different coloured e-cigs per nic level! :D

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
I got a Brother Thermal Label Maker and it lasts FOREVER! I change my juice choices quicker than it takes for the label to come off. Definately permanant...

I was about to suggest the same thing. I have an older model (Brother P-Touch Home & Hobby III) that uses the "M" cartridges. As long as the bottle is CLEAN, they will stick VERY well and will NOT smudge/fade.

I just bought a newer model for work and it cost me about $30.00 at Office Max (might have been Office Depot).

If you don't want to buy a label printer, the next best thing is to cover the label with clear tape, making sure to press down around the edges WELL.

S

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
We use Brother P-Touch labels at work on almost all of our projects. Labeling equipment, faceplates, and control knobs & buttons. Great product, tough as nails, easy to use. The labeling tape comes in a variety of colors and sizes. You've also got options like color text on transparent tape. You could even label and color code your bottles for quick recognition if you didn't mind switching out the tape cartridges to do so. Definitely go laminated, the price is worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread