Bottom Dual Coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
Hey there,
I'm new to vaping, but it's kept me away from real smokes for two months plus now, so no complaints. Plus it tastes better!
My question as the title suggests is about BDCs and such
I recently picked up an Aspire BDC clearomizer. I've found it very satisfactory, an improvement over the default CE4's that came with the initial starting kit.
However, I feel I might have goofed up at some point. It occasionally gives out a burnt scent and flavour. Might have I already burned the headpiece out? (I've only been using it for a week). Or would this be a normal lifespan for a BDC piece?
Being new I may have not used some of the jargon correctly, forgive me. Ask me if you have any questions and I will try to answer as clearly as possible.

Happy new year, thanks for reading :)

OBE1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Marengo, Ohio
If the new coil doesn't fix your problem it could be a wicking issue. Not enough juice getting to your coils. Could be a question of airflow or vacuum. If you are using a thicker juice maybe try a slightly thinner version with higher pg ratio. Pg tends to be thinner. Dry hit it to get the juice wicking this could help saturate your wick as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
Did you get spare coils (heads) when you bought the tank? Try putting new coil head in the tank. Or it could be it just needs a good cleaning.
I brought spare heads, yes. I followed a simple cleaning guide I found and my problem seems so far solved.

If you are using a thicker juice maybe try a slightly thinner version with higher pg ratio. Pg tends to be thinner. Dry hit it to get the juice wicking this could help saturate your wick as well.
I'm using a 50-50 vg-pg juice, but as I said above, after some simple cleaning maintenance it appears fixed. I will keep your advice nonetheless!

Thank you both for the response!

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
If the new coil doesn't fix your problem it could be a wicking issue. Not enough juice getting to your coils. Could be a question of airflow or vacuum. If you are using a thicker juice maybe try a slightly thinner version with higher pg ratio. Pg tends to be thinner. Dry hit it to get the juice wicking this could help saturate your wick as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Also as a quick fix, try to primer puff if wicking is indeed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread