The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeder Mods' started by turbocad6, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. turbocad6

turbocad6 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2011
    brooklyn ny
    hey guys, this thread is specifically for custom built or highly modified bottom feeders.... I've seen many cool custom made bottom feeders throughout the years here on ECF but each one has there own thread that gets seen a bit by a few, then gets buried and fades away... I've seen some really cool builds but now if I wanted to find any of them I couldn't. many of us start out in the reo forum but then when we start to get into anything outside of the reo we can no longer comfortably discuss it in reoville because lets face it, reoville is paid for and sponsored for reo's, not custom mods...

we have a thread here for high end mechanical mods and we have a thread for high end VV/VW devices, well here is a place to discuss anything custom bottom feed, weather you built a masterpiece yourself or have modified an existing bottom feeder, reo or not... post it up. have questions bout building a bottom feeder? post it up... this thread is for home made or modified bottom feeders and anything that has to do with building or modifying a bottom feeder. this thread was created to have a place to discuss all things bottom feed as up until now there really was no one go to thread for building and modifying bottom feeders

I'l add some pictures of my bottom feeders later because this thread is not about my bottom feeders it's for every one of you custom bottom feeder builders out there... so lets see what you've got :D

• Like Like x 6
  2. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Great idea Turbo to have a dedicated thread for our Frankenfeeders. Let the fun start :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roscoe01

Roscoe01 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2014
    North Dakota
  4. RiverNut

RiverNut Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    me too :)...............

5. RiverNut

RiverNut Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    btw, Capt, I remember seeing a Grand that you gave a new button but I can't remember which thread. I'm doing the same thing on my shapely and wanted to see how you went about it. Do you have that link handy? :)

6. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
  7. Trickydick666

Trickydick666 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Subscribed :) also curious as to if anyone could point me in the direction of instructions on how to build one...already building MOSFET boxes but really want to build a bottom feeder

8. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Subscribed, inspiring stuff :thumbs:

Cap'n, great work on the button, looks dead sexy!

TC, been admiring your handiwork for awhile now. Great idea to have a BF modding central forum, thanks!

EDIT: clarifying post :)

9. Vapeaholic

Vapeaholic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    NE Texas
    It's about time someone started a thread like this. Thanks Turbo!
    Subscribed

10. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    As this is the Modding Forum :

You discussions need to be of items you have made or modified.

Bottom Feeders that you bought - there is a whole Forum for that already :

Liquid Feed APV Discussion

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2011
    brooklyn ny
    that's exactly what I had in mind. if you buy a bottom feeder there are certainly places to discuss and share everything about them, in either a thread dedicated to, or a forum section dedicated to your bottom feeder. this thread is not for your average commercial bottom feeder, this thread is more for the misfits, those who either hack up there stock bottom feeders and customize them or build there own, either from scratch or modifying some other existing mod and don't really fit anywhere else. this is def intended as a modders thread, not a place to show off your stock bottom feeder :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    subscribed, as promised.

this thread is also for us without you cool kids' skills and tools :)

13. DavidOH

DavidOH Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Been thinking about building a regulated BF. So I'll be watching this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal

Ditto!!...........

15. Quigsworth

Quigsworth Just some guy... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Don't meant to cross-post but I've been waiting for someone (with way more cred than me) start an appropriate thread...so I'll begin by tossing this up...

20141114_140822.jpg 20141114_140733.jpg 20141114_140657.jpg 20141114_140641.jpg 20141114_140529.jpg

Even though it's a pretty little mod of Paduck caps and Bubinga body It's built to handle a lot of current with the small amount of wire in it being #16 Stirling Silver to the solid brass (spring loaded neg contact) hence the fuse, I also had to add some #14 stranded to allow the neg contact vertical movement,(I couldn't find stranded Stirling). My typical 35A beryllium/silver HD relay contact leaf makes the pos. connection.

Props to Phidius for paduck squonk buttons. The airholes for the sunken Atomic are done in brass (cause I was board). You might notice I didn't have a lot of room the cross over so the pos of the batt goes to the brass disc the Atomic body is threaded to and the custom marine brass (soaked) center pin threads tight through the Atomic insulator, through the brass disc, insulated with 2 layers of HD mylar, then goes through a brass washer where the Stirling wire is pinched by a marine brass nut...then off to the fuse to the neg (yes I used "hole fill" electron flow theory as opposed to conventional flow on this mod :p)...funny thing is, my coils don't seem to mind.

• Like Like x 11
  16. CaptSteve

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Considering how much room you had to cram everything in there you did a hell of a neat job Quigs, it's real clean looking inside. As I said over at Reoville I really like the low profile look of the recessed atty just still concerned about the condensation issue. I would really appreciate your feedback after you get some vape time with this.

If it works good with no issues of condensation inside I think you gotta crank up that new toy of yours and mill out a billet version buddy.

I'm in the design phase of a new all mech woodie BFer. Theme is rare exotic wood and aluminum with a new custom BF 510 and aluminum button made by me on a lathe from scratch. It will be along the lines of Peter's (pdib) shape but not exactly.
    * If you're reading this Peter I have to make my own version while I wait for my number to come up pal :D

No seriously it will be different to Peter's but after much thought his basic design is probably the best way to make a truly mech wooden bottom feeder. Not only does that shape favor mech connections but is also extremely space saving. Kudos to Peter for a great concept.

BTW I decided to dress up my modded VV Grand internally with matching burl as well because that ash I had before simply didn't match.

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]15808800986_d73f12e363_o

• Like Like x 9
  17. OthatGuy

OthatGuy Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2014
    Westcoast
    Love the recessed atty quigs, and Captain, super sweet as well.
    Sub'd!

18. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    this thread isn't even a day old, and already most of you guys are talkin way over my head...

very, very cool :)

i'll just drool over the pics :)

19. mvroman

mvroman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    Texas
    Keep a close watch over the next few weeks for my post, I'm about to start work on an OKR-T10 Bottom feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

20. OthatGuy

OthatGuy Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2014
    Westcoast
    Just incase anyone isn't familiar with these 3d printed feeders, here's mine, dna40 inside:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.