bought 4 devices and nothing matches the Juul. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I bought my juul a couple months ago and I loved it. It got me to quit cigarettes. The thing that kind of annoyed me though was that it gave inconsistent hits sometimes and the pods weren't refillable. I than began looking for a refillable pod device. I didn't think it was gonna be this hard to find a device that works for me but its turning out to be a freakin nightmare. Ive bought four devices and I'm not completely satisfied with any of them. Heres the devices I bought and my thoughts on them.

1. Myle > The device itself is beautiful and no leaks. The draw it too airy though and you have to struggle to get a good throat hit. The flavor is also not good enough and doesn't linger nearly as good as the Juul.
2. Infinix > I was really excited when I bought this device cause everyone on youtube was talking about it being great. My thoughts are that it gives a really great throat hit but the flavor is very disappointing. As soon as you blow out the vapor the flavor is gone immediately. No lingering flavor at all. The draw is a little loose too compared to the Juul.

3. Novo > The Novo is a very interesting device. The draw is the loosest out of these four but it has the best flavor. It lingers too for a while. The mouth to lungs put out a huge amount of vapor but you don't get that satisfying throat hit that the juul has. I think because of how airy the draw is you don't get that strong powerful concentration of flavor and vape that the Juul delivers. The Juul's flavor comes on strong and immediate and after you exhale that flavor lingers for a while which is what I like. You can make no mistake of the flavor of what you're vaping. I can see though why a lot of people love the Novo. If I had to pick I would say the Novo is the best out of these four. I tried a few times to do direct to lung hits off it and its exceptional. Feels like your freakin drinking the juice. I do mouth to lung though and I think the Juul is better.

4. Vladdin > I kept hearing people online talk about the draw being cool or warm. I didn't understand what that meant until after I bought the Vladdin. The draw on this is cool and im not really into it. It gives a very different flavor than other devices and it makes the flavor too subtle. Hitting the Juul after this is night and day and I can see why people online describe the flavor as muted. Another thing I don't like about this is that you have to struggle a little bit too much to get a good throat hit. You have to hit it slow and long or else your not satisfied. If you try to take quick strong hits like the infinix your not gonna be happy at all with the throat hit. If this company can find a way for this to be more powerful and hit warm than I can see this maybe being one of the best devices on the market. You do really get some good flavor but its a different type of flavor its find of hard to explain.

Just to be clear when I ran my tests I used the same juice in all these devices including the Juul. I refilled different Juul pods with juice I have. The main flavor I've been running is I Love Salts Spearment Gum. Im getting frustrated wasting all this money on devices that aren't as good as the Juul for mouth to lung. I don't know if I should try buying another device or if I should just stick with my Juul and call it a day for now. I really love Juul's classic menthol so if I have to only use the Juul it won't be the end of the world. I would probably refill the pods some of the time to switch it up.

Incase anyone is not clear im looking for a refillable pod device that hits warm like the Juul. I want it to be a pen type shape like the devices I listed above. I need a strong throat hit that takes minimal effort and I need Strong intense lingering flavor which is how I describe the Juul. The only other devices I can think of that might work is the Baton, Rubi, or Kwit Stick. From what I read online im not extremely confident on any specific one to try. Fyi I do not vape a huge amount so money spent on pods and juice have nothing to do with my decision. I just want something refillable that I can enjoy as much as the Juul. Anyone confident on something that would work for me? Thanks guys
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    688.7 KB · Views: 27

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Appreciate the responses. Yeah I actually looked in to the bo and That ones not gonna work for me. Someone on YouTube just told me that the Baton hits exactly like the Juul and tastes great. I’m not sure what you guys think about that but I’m real curious to find out. There’s not a huge amount of info online.

Reactions: stols001

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Yeah, no one seems to have cracked the code yet for a refillable Juul that works with ease. You might want to look into more of an all-in-one device, or pen that would still be small, but not nearly as much.

I'm still really liking my vaporesso orca solo, as you can get it down really tight closed nearly all the way, warm vape, and it's still small (for a pen style.) On the downside, it doesn't leak..but it does it slightly 'wet' around the airflow and in the cage sometimes. So it's not perfect. Not a dealbreaker, but it's just not super clean.

The new Innokin T18 2 will likely satisfy you for airflow, but it's a good chunk bigger.

In terms of pods, I'm on a similar search as you.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Iirc there are a few companies making refillable pods for the juul. As for the “satisfying feeling” you may be just hooked on that massive 50mg saltnic hit. If you want to up throat hit you can simply stop using salts. Salts reduce throat hit. That’s the whole thing behind the juul. They have astoundingly high nic levels with reduced throat hit so you don’t simply gag from it.

• Agree

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Yeah, no one seems to have cracked the code yet for a refillable Juul that works with ease. You might want to look into more of an all-in-one device, or pen that would still be small, but not nearly as much.

I'm still really liking my vaporesso orca solo, as you can get it down really tight closed nearly all the way, warm vape, and it's still small (for a pen style.) On the downside, it doesn't leak..but it does it slightly 'wet' around the airflow and in the cage sometimes. So it's not perfect. Not a dealbreaker, but it's just not super clean.

The new Innokin T18 2 will likely satisfy you for airflow, but it's a good chunk bigger.

In terms of pods, I'm on a similar search as you.
I just spent some time looking into these two devices. The Vaporesso just doesn't seem like the right one for me but im intrigued buy the Innokin T18 2. Have you used it before? Im very curious how good the throat hit and flavor really is. Ive been hearing a lot of good things about the innokin company also.

To be totally honest if theres really no refillable pod system on the market that i'll be satisfied with im not ruling out getting a slightly bigger type coil system. Ive actually never tried one before. I just want that strong hit and flavor is that too much to ask lol.

Last edited:

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Iirc there are a few companies making refillable pods for the juul. As for the “satisfying feeling” you may be just hooked on that massive 50mg saltnic hit. If you want to up throat hit you can simply stop using salts. Salts reduce throat hit. That’s the whole thing behind the juul. They have astoundingly high nic levels with reduced throat hit so you don’t simply gag from it.
But the point your missing is I need it to be a mouth to lung hit. I want it to feel like im smoking a cigarette. The devices I tried that I listed above didn't feel like I was smoking a cigarette while using the same 50mg saltnic juice.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I just spent some time looking into these two devices. The Vaporesso just doesn't seem like the right one for me but im intrigued buy the Innokin T18 2. Have you used it before? Im very curious how good the throat hit and flavor really is. Ive been hearing a lot of good things about the innokin company also.

To be totally honest if theres really no refillable pod system on the market that i'll be satisfied with im not ruling out getting a slightly bigger type coil system. Ive actually never tried one before. I just want that strong hit and flavor is that too much to ask lol.

I think the T18 ii might be right up your alley. I had the first one, and it was damn close to a cig, it's sort of what it's made for. You should watch some youtube reviews to get an idea of the draw and size. Worth some serious investigating.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I think the T18 ii might be right up your alley. I had the first one, and it was damn close to a cig, it's sort of what it's made for. You should watch some youtube reviews to get an idea of the draw and size. Worth some serious investigating.
Im def gonna do more investigating. I just watched like 5 youtube videos on it but the annoying thing is most of the videos had people doing direct to lung hits off it lol. Most of these vapers it seems don't like mouth to lung. And they don't go into enough detail on how strong the hit is or how great the flavor is compared to other devices. Im definitely gonna do more research though, its gonna take a little while to know more. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My experience is when I need to change what I vape it always seems not as good as before so if I vape the new thing exclusively for a while I forget what the old system could do and I'm happy with the new.

I'm mildly interested in the pod systems for stealth situations. Now there are so many to choose from. Is there a web page or site that pulls them all together with reviews or descriptions? So far my original Pico with a small rda seems to go everywhere and do everything so I'm not sure if messing with another system is worth the effort.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um... our brains can be tricky.

I would suggest trying the pods you have with 50 mg/ml nicotine liquid for a bit (at least the tighter draw ones) and see what happens. If you are using less MG than that, you aren't even going to get near the Juul as far as "is my brain satisfied by this."

Problem is, you gotta have a somewhat puny delivery system for that high nic, and a restricted draw, maybe the Innoken might work with tightened airflow and high MG juice, but really, when folks start talking about nothing "matching" the Juul for flavor, draw and whatnot my first question is "Is your nicotine level high enough."

You have essentially "trained" your brain to enjoy ungodly high nic levels, and well, everything else is going to seem substandard if the nic is lower..

Your device needs to put out LOW enough output of vapor too, though. Otherwise you could end up overloaded.

I'm sorry, I think that is just kinda how it is. My kid had a Juul for a minute. I took one drag and thought, "That's too freaking great and impossible to replicate," and never tried it again.

There's a reason the Juul is so popular (and it is pretty great) it most closely replicates that "buzz" and my kid had a really hard time stopping it (unlike when he was using low resistance, low nicotine setups).

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Vapemesilly

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Um... our brains can be tricky.

I would suggest trying the pods you have with 50 mg/ml nicotine liquid for a bit (at least the tighter draw ones) and see what happens. If you are using less MG than that, you aren't even going to get near the Juul as far as "is my brain satisfied by this."

Problem is, you gotta have a somewhat puny delivery system for that high nic, and a restricted draw, maybe the Innoken might work with tightened airflow and high MG juice, but really, when folks start talking about nothing "matching" the Juul for flavor, draw and whatnot my first question is "Is your nicotine level high enough."

You have essentially "trained" your brain to enjoy ungodly high nic levels, and well, everything else is going to seem substandard if the nic is lower..

Your device needs to put out LOW enough output of vapor too, though. Otherwise you could end up overloaded.

I'm sorry, I think that is just kinda how it is. My kid had a Juul for a minute. I took one drag and thought, "That's too freaking great and impossible to replicate," and never tried it again.

There's a reason the Juul is so popular (and it is pretty great) it most closely replicates that "buzz" and my kid had a really hard time stopping it (unlike when he was using low resistance, low nicotine setups).

Best of luck,

Anna
Please read my entire first post of this thread and you will understand more about what im trying to accomplish. I tested all devices with the same juice including the Juul. Tests were done with 50mg saltnic from I love salts Spearment gum and other brands.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
You have to keep in mind, everything you said is subjective. You said you want a stronger throat hit, and a strong lingering flavor. To be frank, your best bet is probably a variable voltage pod system. There is a little squonker that just came out that is meant for nic juices. The EX Squonker. It has like 4 or 5 settings of increasing power. But you do have to build your own coils for it.

If price is not an issue then probably the Lost Vape Orion. It's sixty five dollars. It's refillable and adjustable upto 60 watts.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
You have to keep in mind, everything you said is subjective. You said you want a stronger throat hit, and a strong lingering flavor. To be frank, your best bet is probably a variable voltage pod system. There is a little squonker that just came out that is meant for nic juices. The EX Squonker. It has like 4 or 5 settings of increasing power. But you do have to build your own coils for it.

If price is not an issue then probably the Lost Vape Orion. It's sixty five dollars. It's refillable and adjustable upto 60 watts.
Im just not really in to those squonker type devices. I just want to get something simple plus be able to keep it in my front pants pocket without it feeling bulky.

As far as the Lost Vape Orion, Im hearing it has a lot of power and gives great direct to lung hits but its not the greatest when it comes to mouth to lung. I heard the flavor is lacking. I also should of been more clear about I want something that you don't need a firing button to hit it.

Last edited:

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Haven’t you been refilling the juul pods? What’s wrong with that.
The Juul gives inconsistent hits plus the pods leak. Im always having to take them out and wipe off the juice so it can hit properly. Its worse too if you refill them. Its getting really annoying

• Optimistic

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Im just not really in to those squonker type devices. I just want to get something simple plus be able to keep it in my front pants pocket without it feeling bulky.

As far as the Lost Vape Orion, Im hearing it has a lot of power and gives great direct to lung hits but its not the greatest when it comes to mouth to lung. I heard the flavor is lacking. I also should of been more clear about I want something that you don't need a firing button to hit it.
Keep in mind that you're really limiting your options. You might be able to find what you're looking for and get lucky that it vapes exactly how you want it. But it's doubtful. A variable wattage device will help you adjuist the power to get the type of vape you want. But I have never seen a variable wattage cigalite style variable wattage device.

Last edited:

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
It's not really pen shaped but the sourin drop may be more along the lines of what you are looking for flavor wise. I also have a novo, which I personally like more than the drop because of its more airy draw. The drop has a pretty tight draw and the vapor it produces is surprisingly warm and flavorful for the kind of device it is. I'm not sure if it will be as satisfying as the juul for you personally, but I never touched my juul again after I got the drop.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
^ Good point. I meant to bring the up too, the Drop really does have a good tight draw, I just don't use it cause it sometimes gives me juice in my mouth. But it's good if you can put up with that.

On the nic level front, you may want to look into getting a good 50/50 liquid at 12mg, just to see if throat his is what you're after, or if the it's the buzz of a that super high juul salt they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread