Bought a Greensmoke.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolith

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
Florida
.....and I am very disappointed. One of my batteries doesn't work, the other takes about 5 hours to charge, & lasts about 20 minutes, & the carts are either dead, or taste like burnt leafs. Worse yet, I bought it from a local smoke shop, and they wont take it back.
Now I'm out $160. Smoking twice as many regular cigs from the stress of this whole deal......LOL.....guess that's what i get for trusting youtube reviews, & being a total e-cig noob. :(
Any advice would be appreciated. I will also be scouring the forums to cure my noobishness.
Thanks for reading my rant....needed to vent somewhere. Also, hello everyone, & glad to be here :)

Jeff

ShayDwight

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado
Your best bet, and what helped me the most is the Sticky thread at the top of this forum named "The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Parts 1 through 6)."

I would link it, but I don't have the required number of posts yet.

That thread helped me decide which e-cig is best for me, and what shops to look at. I suggest ordering online.

I purchased a Joye 510 starter kit from CigNot for $40 including shipping, and I've been constantly vaping off that for a week. The batteries on that take about an hour to charge, and last all day. I used to be a 1/2 to 1 pack smoker. Word to the wise, if you can afford it, definitely make sure to pick up some juice with your order or you'll be hurting more. Lol.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
.....and I am very disappointed. One of my batteries doesn't work, the other takes about 5 hours to charge, & lasts about 20 minutes, & the carts are either dead, or taste like burnt leafs. Worse yet, I bought it from a local smoke shop, and they wont take it back.
Now I'm out $160. Smoking twice as many regular cigs from the stress of this whole deal......LOL.....guess that's what i get for trusting youtube reviews, & being a total e-cig noob. :(
Any advice would be appreciated. I will also be scouring the forums to cure my noobishness.
Thanks for reading my rant....needed to vent somewhere. Also, hello everyone, & glad to be here :)

Jeff

Wow... you got screwed. It's terrible that your first experience is a bad one. But, vaping is so much better than smoking on a lot of levels.

I haven't had any hardware failures on any kind with any e-cig I've purchased. I also have two GreenSmoke kits (I always buy in pairs in case the wife wants one). They're both 2 months old and continue to work as advertised.

If you bought it with a credit card, call them immediately and ask them what you should do. They should get in touch with the store and then get back to you.

I've never had to pay for any faulty merchandise that I've purchased on a visa or mastercard.

Good luck.

give it all to me

Dec 13, 2009
UK
Hi,

I'm in the UK so i'm not sure of the rules/regulations you have over there but I would've thought it would be similar.

If a product is faulty especially very early on you are entitled to a full refund. Often shops will try to give you the run around but once you know your rights and are prepared to assert them, you can overcome that. If shops on the whole were allowed to sell faulty goods to us and not offer repair/replacement/refund there would be huge problems which is why I think the US must have some similar legislation. Surely it's no legal for them to give you this defunct product and not even offer a repair when you spent a decent amount of money.

As for greensmoke I thought they came with a money back guarantee, I was going to get one and that's what I saw on the website. The shop should be able to return it back to them no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread