Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ehhh - chalk it up to new user error. This stuff isn't as convenient as smoking - you have to plan accordingly.

More importantly - how is that smoking thing working out for ya since you started vaping? I really REALLY didn't like anything about smoking very shortly after I started vaping. Some people find they still like smoking. A lot more of us find the smoking experience turns on us pretty quickly.

And most important - when are you getting more liquids?

nuhrayoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
SC, USA
to be completely honest...I hate it. I got into vaping to stay away from smoking. but now that i've been out of liquids, the addiction kicked in again and had to buy a pack. It really isn't convenient for me especially where I live because i think that the e-liquids at my b&m are a tad overpriced and I don't want to try ordering liquids because i'd rather be able to go in and try the liquids myself before buying them.

I really don't like smoking analogs, the taste and smell are disgusting to me now.

As for getting more liquid. Payday for me is tomorrow, so whenever I pay all my bills and have some left over money, I guess that's when I can go get more juice. But it's really a struggle being a working college student and having to deal with money issues, especially when the vaping scene isn't big in my area yet and prices are jacked up very high.

Grateful4jerry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2013
Wasatch mtns
I feel you on money being tight and it's good bills are a priority, BUT you need to make your health priority #1! Even though you prefer to try first, beggars can't be choosers(not trying to be harsh) Mount baker has really cheap juices, and a lot of people like. Check them out. I really like freckled lemonade and faux hawk, and crazy cheap prices. Just my opinion. Good luck!!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
to be completely honest...I hate it. I got into vaping to stay away from smoking. but now that i've been out of liquids, the addiction kicked in again and had to buy a pack. It really isn't convenient for me especially where I live because i think that the e-liquids at my b&m are a tad overpriced and I don't want to try ordering liquids because i'd rather be able to go in and try the liquids myself before buying them.

I really don't like smoking analogs, the taste and smell are disgusting to me now.

As for getting more liquid. Payday for me is tomorrow, so whenever I pay all my bills and have some left over money, I guess that's when I can go get more juice. But it's really a struggle being a working college student and having to deal with money issues, especially when the vaping scene isn't big in my area yet and prices are jacked up very high.

As others have said, don't be too hard on yourself.

An excellent source of less expensive juices is mount Baker Vapor. Find a flavor that you like at your local B&M and then head to the juice forum General E-Liquid Discussion and ask if there is something similar available at MBV (or ask on this forum, it doesn't really matter)
Many, many vapers have bought from MBV and might be able to suggest something that would be similar for you. They charge about $5 for 15ml so it's a real option for you.

Vaping on a budget is hard, but need not be impossible. Just ask around the forums, everyone here wants you to succeed.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Don't beat yourself up over it, just move on and get some juice :)

I agree with all the above replies, MBV have some very well priced juice (and at pretty good quality imo). If you like particular flavors (like fruit for example) then try some fruit flavored e-juice, just try to get something that you'll have a good chance of enjoying. I'm in college as well so I know how it is to be on a budget lol, and places like MBV are real life savers :D

slowmovingtrain

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
SF, CA
im on day 4 and still half a pack sitting next to me just in case.

Ive found that keeping the pressure i put on myself in check is that hardest part of this process.

just relax and let what happens happen.

i had one yesterday and it was disgusting... absolutely disgusting... but i couldnt stop smiling the whole time because now i know, for sure, that im done with analogs for good.

dont know if i would have been able to type that if i hadnt had that analog yesterday.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye

Myfriend, you are talking about vaping as a fun. (Indeed it is fun for me) It is a health issue and very important at that. Now you found a way to quit and hate cigarette smoke do not play with it. In the beginnings some fighting with analogs occur But go and get your juice asap. Dont forget This may also be interesting but this is your health

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The thing with the analogs is that they taste awful at the beginning, but the more you smoke, the "better" they will taste. So smoke as little as possible ;)

Actually, your taste buds will go back to being dulled or dead and you become used to it. Lets face it. Most of us never smoked because of the 'good' flavor. We couldn't taste it anyway.
JMHO
:)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If money is an issue... I don't get it. Around here what it would cost me for two days of cigarettes (ex 2 PAD) would buy me the equivalent of over a month of liquids. If I had to support my former smoking habit now, 4 packs in mAssachusetts would run me nearly forty bucks. For forty bucks I could get 120 ml's of some of my favorite liquids. Just sayin...

BigLiquid530

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
Marysville
Trust me I know it's hard, but keep your head up, and after you buy your juices and start getting low plan out you next online purchase and if you know your gonna be super low on cash message me and I will be more then willing to send you a bottle that I dont vape, might not be full but willing to help if it keeps you from smoking.....

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
well analogs are very cheap here in south carolina. right around give or take $5 for one pack. that is a fifth of what i've been spending on juice per month. the cost of buying juice is about the same for me plus juice is not as easily accessible.

Sweetie, you are spending way too much effort to try to keep smoking cigs. No one here is saying you can't do both at your own pace. The decision is your and yours alone. No justification needed......
Good luck with whatever you decide...

:)

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Been vaping for 9 months, and still keep a pack in the house like a security blanket. Occasionally I have a cig, but usually only take a few puffs before realizing how nasty it tastes. I have never smoked a whole one. I know the day will eventually come when I don't want one, it's a slow process for some of us.

I've been vaping since the last week of June and analog free since July 6th. I realized analogs were all over for me after not having one at all for a week and then having the last one from a leftover pack on July 5th. It was absolutely gross and made my chest instantly tight after only a week without one. That was all I needed to see to commit 100% to vaping.

It takes something different for each person to make the commitment to quitting analogs. And, it takes a different amount of time for everyone. It's not easy by any means. I was on analogs for 18yrs and knew I was tired of it but in the beginning I wasn't sure I could put them down. Keep pushing and don't quit trying to quit! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread