Bought a ProVari V2 in the classies, and I can't get it to turn on. Am I missing something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
I have tried 2 fully charges 18650 batteries (I'm using extension cap), and tried pressing the button 5, 10 , 20, 30 times etc. I've tried holding it down for many seconds. I've never used a ProVari before, so maybe it's a safety feature that I'm missing. I did look at a pdf of the owner's manual on the ProVape site, not enlightenment there. Help if you can!
Thanks,
Keith

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Pressing the button 5 times quickly should get it to display Pu (Power Up) whether it's turned on or not. If it isn't displaying anything, contact ProVape - they have their own section in the forum. My experience with them has been great. As you're not the original purchaser there may be a small charge for repair, but I wouldn't throw it out.

And if I was in your shoes I'd contact the seller and tell him/her that I expect the repair cost to be reimbursed out of the purchase price.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Besides the other advice already given, you do have the button top 18650's instead of the flat or 3 prong topped, right?

I know it's a silly question, but I have witnessed a guy buying flat top 18650's in a store near me and then he pulled a ProVari out of his pocket. Thankfully the guy running the register knew what the issue was going to be and got it corrected before the guy discovered the hard way that the ProVari needs a button top battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread