Bought My 1st Mod: COV Mini Volt with Nicolas Tank any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Hey boys and girls of ECF what’s popping?

So as it says in the title, i just bought my first mod: COV Mini Volt 40W 1300mah and a Nicolas MTL tank to pair it with. (0.6 and 1.8 ohm coils).
First of all i’m quite new to vaping, i’m also a compulsive buyer so i saw the mod for 10bucks and the tank for 12bucks and i couldn’t resist, so i bought both without even knowing if they would work together.
So i’d like to know if both will fit together and if you guys have any advices on how to use it, maybe some juices i should try, any precautions that you could think of and your overall opinions on both.

Pretty much anything that pops out of you head would be greatly appreciated.
Peace from France. ✌.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Congrats! !! I think you'll be in good shape as both are definitely compatible. I never tried the nickolas tank, but I know the bvc coils are very good. You will need to see if you prefer the lower resistance coil or the higher (both should come with) . I have seen good things on the mini volt, but mine only lasted a few months before the board shorted. I normally don't buy mods with built in batteries, but it looked so cute I had to try it...if you do prefer the lower resistance coil and find your vaping the tank more dtl then mtl and using it at the ceiling wattage, you might find the mini volt might not give you the best battery life. i definitely think it's a nice, first device and only time will tell if the mod will work for you (meaning, if you are vaping alot and find your charging it more then once a day). Another thing is you don't want a juice too high in vg, because those coils fair better in the 50/50 to 30/70 vg range, anything over that will reduce coil life and possibly not keep up...and lastly, you need a back up device, you never know when either the tank or mod stops working and a back up is vital to keep vaping... good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The MiniVolt is a good little mod, I still use mine with MTL. No experience with the Nicolas tank though.

For me an 0.8Ω coil was the sweet spot on the MiniVolt for balancing battery life and performance.
p3SBmcll.jpg

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Congrats! !! I think you'll be in good shape as both are definitely compatible. I never use the nickolas tank, but I know the bvc coils are very good. You will need to see if you prefer the lower resistance coil or the higher (both should come with) . I have seen good things on the mini volt, but mine only lasted a few months before the board shorted. I normally don't buy mods with built in batteries, but it looked so cute I had to try it...if you do prefer the lower resistance coil and find your vaping the tank more dtl then mtl and using it at the ceiling wattage, you might find the mini volt might not give you the best battery life. i definitely think it's a nice, first device and only time will tell if the mod will work for you (meaning, if you are vaping alot and find your charging it more then once a day). Another thing is you don't want a juice too high in vg, because those coils fair better in the 50/50 to 30/70 vg range, anything over that will reduce coil life and possibly not keep up...good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thx Pal.
As of rn i’m still trying to fully quit cigs so i only do MTL, that’s why i thought it might be enough and last me a full day since it drains less battery and i’m still smoking cigs throughout the day.
I’ll have to see how it holds.
As for the juices i use mostly 50/50 so i’m all good. Peace.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
The MiniVolt is a good little mod, I still use mine with MTL. No experience with the Nicolas tank though.

For me an 0.8Ω coil was the sweet spot on the MiniVolt for balancing battery life and performance.
p3SBmcll.jpg

Hey bro.
What tank is this ?
Also how’s the battery life with MTL (do you get a full day out of it) and how long have you been having the mod for?
Thx.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Not familiar with the mod, but the Nicolas is a great, easy to use MTL tank and has pretty good flavor. I've used mine for several months now til I finally stepped up to an Innokin Zenith. The ONLY downside to the Nicolas is a rather short coil life, but YMMV greatly with your settings - VG/PG ratio, juice flavor and sweetness, whether you chain vape, wattage used, etc.

Welcome and good luck!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey bro.
What tank is this ?
Also how’s the battery life with MTL (do you get a full day out of it) and how long have you been having the mod for?
Thx.
The MiniVolt I've had for 2 years+, a bit more of the rubber coating has peeled since that picture and the 510 is a little wobbly but it's still working. ;)

The tank on there is a GEM, it's a tiny little thing that you have to build coils for to use. I'd stick with what you have or other drop in coil tanks for now.

I always carried multiple devices so I couldn't tell you how long the battery would last through out the day. Everything was thrown on charge in the evening.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Not familiar with the mod, but the Nicolas is a great, easy to use MTL tank and has pretty good flavor. I've used mine for several months now til I finally stepped up to an Innokin Zenith. The ONLY downside to the Nicolas is a rather short coil life, but YMMV greatly with your settings - VG/PG ratio, juice flavor and sweetness, whether you chain vape, wattage used, etc.

Welcome and good luck!

Thank you.
You know what, i did order a Kroma A Innokin zenith kit, paid 65buck and they said it was delivered in the mailbox but of course nothing was there. I got f*cked big time and i was disgusted, so i looked for a cheaper option for the time being and i hope it’ll be right for me.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
I have the Nicolas tank. I liked it a fair bit for a while. I still vape it occasionally. It's not in my top 10 or anything but it has some nice things going for it.

You should be fine for your setup if your goal is MTL for now. Just go ahead and vape.

Anna
Hey Anna thx,

Yeah i’m not expecting anything ming blowing i just want a rather good MTL and some flavor so i think i’ll be good to start, and i’m sure pretty sure i’ll upgrade quickly if it doesn’t suit me or after vaping it for a while. As long as it keeps me away from the cancer sticks.
Peace.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I had a MiniVolt i PIFed. The guy is still using it. I used it for .4 ohm coils in a Derringer and needless to say my battery life wasn't the best. He uses it with a NautiX tank I gave him (don't remember which coil i gave him) and it seems to work great for him.
20180203_180222.jpg

It is a great tiny device. I got it for novelty but it was actually a trusty little mod. I want an Innokin Pebble now...

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Thx.
Yeah i think using the Minivolt with an MTL tank would be fine, maybe more with the 1.8 ohm coil at a lower wattage to avoid draining the battery.
As for the pebble it looks quite nice too about the same size as the minivolt but it costs around 30 bucks.
I think i will buy it in a near future though as i like stealth devices.

• Agree

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Thx.
Yeah i think using the Minivolt with an MTL tank would be fine, maybe more with the 1.8 ohm coil at a lower wattage to avoid draining the battery.
As for the pebble it looks quite nice too about the same size as the minivolt but it costs around 30 bucks.
I think i will buy it in a near future though as i like stealth devices.
If you can find one I have a Sigelei J80 I love. I have had it for about 3 years and it still works like new. It has tc also although I don't use it so I can't say how good it is. I think the battery is in the 2000-2500 mah range. It is bigger than the minivolt but still quite small. I love tiny gear myself. Here it is with a Serpent SMM on top.
20180715_152604.jpg

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
If you can find one I have a Sigelei J80 I love. I have had it for about 3 years and it still works like new. It has tc also although I don't use it so I can't say how good it is. I think the battery is in the 2000-2500 mah range. It is bigger than the minivolt but still quite small. I love tiny gear myself. Here it is with a Serpent SMM on top.
View attachment 760681
With the Rabbit on it. I love this pic.
20180814_185625.jpg

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
1,100 mAh lasted me almost a day at 7 watts. 1,300 might get you a day but 7 watts is barely vaping by modern standards. It's a lovely little mod though the COV. A man with taste! :)
;)
I think i’ll vape it around 12w with the 1.8ohm coil and charge it at some point during the day.
One question tho, i saw a review saying that it takes 3hours to fully charge o_O, pls tell me it’s less lol.
Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread