bought too much nicotine concentrate, gamble it wont go bad or sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royj

Sep 26, 2019
Hi all, been hoarding for vape mail ban. hope my slowtech orders for hardware come.
said the big thing to buy was nicotine, I might have over done it. calculated it out, came out to 7 year supply of 100mg liquid concentrate.
I am not sure it will keep for that long in dark cupboard, lots of mixed opinion's on on web,
cant afford a deep freezer etc. Some I read said dark place fine, others say must be in a freezer,
anyone know shelf life for sure if but in amber bottles and in dark cupboard.
If people think it would go bad can/should I sell some or just cross fingers it wont go bad. Guess too much could be better than too little.
This vape mail ban driving me nuts, live in a state us vendors cant ship to.
Still need to buy a couple more mods and rta's to be on safe side...

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Find someone else's freezer. A couple of them if need be. Keep the nicotine.
Get some amber glass bottles with polycone caps to put it in and package it up somehow, like bubble wrap and cardboard. I'd write what it is on the outside, but who knows, personal preference and all. Bottles are cheap on Amazon.
Take some time if you need to. But keep it. As mentioned above, you can at least keep it in a cool dark spot until you have a better solution.

Correction- maybe you have glass bottles already. Find a friend or family member who will keep some in their freezer.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
good tips. dont have anyone that would let me use their freezer, possible could by a used tiny one down the road...
on the fence though, im 59, not sure if still be vaping when I'm 66, lol
That's certainly a valid point.
I would look at it like - I might still want to vape, so I would like to have the choice.
Might be a good investment down the road, if things stay how they are. Nicotine could be very valuable in the right circles.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Hi all, been hoarding for vape mail ban. hope my slowtech orders for hardware come.
said the big thing to buy was nicotine, I might have over done it. calculated it out, came out to 7 year supply of 100mg liquid concentrate.
I am not sure it will keep for that long in dark cupboard, lots of mixed opinion's on on web,
cant afford a deep freezer etc. Some I read said dark place fine, others say must be in a freezer,
anyone know shelf life for sure if but in amber bottles and in dark cupboard.
If people think it would go bad can/should I sell some or just cross fingers it wont go bad. Guess too much could be better than too little.
This vape mail ban driving me nuts, live in a state us vendors cant ship to.
Still need to buy a couple more mods and rta's to be on safe side...
Without your nic you may return to smoking. Without freezer storage your nic won't hold up for much more than a year. For the cost of a couple cartons of smokes, $100-150, you can get a small freezer at Best Buy and your nic will stay usable for many years. If you think vaping is the best way to keep from smoking it's worth every penny.

xxtigerxeyesxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Bridgeport
Yes keep maybe down the road you will meet a fellow vaper you might want to pass it on to. No o ne know what the future has in store :] you can get a cheap little freezer for a $200 or even craigslist is how i got mine its older but for now it works . Ill make other arrangements if need be later down the road.. keep it cold and in a dark area you have a cellar, basement throw it down there in a dark corner for now

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    good tips. dont have anyone that would let me use their freezer, possible could by a used tiny one down the road...on the fence though, im 59, not sure if still be vaping when I'm 66, lol

You never know. And, everyone has seen smoking 66 year olds.

I started vaping 09/15/2015 when I was 55. I'll be 61 in a month. I have enough nicotine to last me at least until I'm 80. It is very easy to learn how to make eLiquid.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    FWIW, I had nic stored in a cool, dark place for at least 6 years before I got a small freezer and it is fine. A little darker and stronger tasting but I use 3 mg so don't really notice it.

I would keep it and refrigerate what you can, when you can.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    If you have a Craigslist that covers your area, you might be able to find a used freezer or fridge with freezer fairly cheap. Maybe the classifieds in your local paper. Also, some appliance dealers will take old appliances when people buy a new one from them. They took my old one, that still worked.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The chances of nicotine that's stored in glass amber bottles, even in a darkish and coolish place wont go bad, even after a few years. What might happen is the potency may diminish slightly I.e. the strength may reduce slightly.
    As others have said, a freezer is ideal, next best thing is a refrigerator, failing that a dark cool place.
    My nic is stored in a freezer but prior to that I've used 2yr old nic that was stored in my cupboard in a bedroom and it was fine.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    good tips. dont have anyone that would let me use their freezer, possible could by a used tiny one down the road...
    on the fence though, im 59, not sure if still be vaping when I'm 66, lol

I’ll be 58 and started vaping at 50. Pretty sure I’ll continue for many years...

But I have considered that I might one day stop. Also, something else may come along to replace vaping. Either way, I’m stocked because I’d rather have and not need than need and not have.

As others said, put that nic in glass bottles in a cool dark place - refrigerator if you can’t freeze it. A liter doesn’t take up much room. If you can only put it in a closet, do that. It may lose a little potency, get a little darker, smell a little peppery, but you can still use it. I have diy juice that’s a few years old and it’s still fine, so don’t panic too much about your nic spoiling

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you can't freeze it, then keep as much as you can in the refrigerator. Whatever you can't fit in the refrigerator, use that first.

If you can sell locally that might work better than shipping it.

A small 1.1 cu ft freezer can be bought for $116 shipped. If you can afford that, this is your best route. Should cost you no more than $10 to run it, if that.

Last edited:

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    I've seen mini freezers in my area on Facebook Marketplace for under $100. Not sure how much room you need. If you look out on Facebook or Craigslist you can probably find a good deal. Keeping the nicotine in good shape is more important than finding mods. You can still order a lot of vaping stuff overseas, like Fasttech. It's the nicotine that's going to be the problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread