Box Mod for my Father, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
My dad really likes my Reo, but doesn't like the mechanical aspect of it. I wanted to get me a MVP 2 because it has an ohm meter and VW, some things I know he would like. However, the button is too hard of a press for his arthritis.
Basically, I want to get him a comfortable box mod with VW (at least VV) and an ohm meter.
Now that I think about it, I may just get him an MVP because of the long lasting internal battery.
But still, give me your recommendations! :)

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
The VTR was an option but the pure weight of it could be a downside to him. I showed it to him when they first announced it and all he said was "fingerprints". LOL. I want to give it a try so if I don't like it I can just give it to him, he still needs back ups for his back ups.
I really think he will like the Gripper though. I'll shoot him an email and ask him some nonspecific questions;)
Thank you!!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
If you decide on a VTR and don't want to wrap it you can get the Camo Green Innokin iTaste VTR which shouldn't show fingerprints quite as badly as the all chrome version. I know nothing about the vendor but the camo version should be more widely available in pretty short order.

I made a template if you want to do a DIY skin rather than get the camo version or buy a skin. Search on eBay for "3d vinyl sample" or "snakeskin vinyl sample" for cheap vinyl.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55909493/VTR_skin_single.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55909493/VTR_skin_single.svg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55909493/VTR_skin_single.studio

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Since it's your father - consider a Red Sky Mods cutlass DNA20. It's wood, so it's light - it has the VW DNA20 chip in it, is a bottom feeder and you/he can choose the wood and switches and all the rest.

Some are custom made in batches and some are put up for sale on the website. They are some glorious looking devices, not very well known and reasonably priced. An old friend of mine had a few of them and they blew me away.

T

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
You might want to consider building a puck style mod. I made one using gripper internals with a button from radio shack, its a red one that instead of clicking just has a spring inside that is pretty easy to push down all the way. It hasn't failed yet (though i only use it intermittently).

You can get the chip from madvapes if they actually have it in stock.

That or buy a gripper vv, which is awesome but the battery door tends to break and the button stops responding after a bit, then when it breaks transplant the guts into a different enclosure, the one i made for my wife is a snuss tin with epoxy putty "feet" so my wife can stand it upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread