• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Box Mod short circuited? Juice leaked into it for 1 month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan CHong

Jul 13, 2016
Hi guys,

Box Mod: Golden Snow Wolf 200W

So I've been away for a business trip for a month and when I came back, the drawer which i kept my box mod was all sticky. I forgot to remove the tank before i left and it leaked into the box mod button. The button when I found it was stuck as the juice had dried and hardened. So I opened it up and used an alcohol swab to clean the button hole. After putting in new batteries and closing it up, it still wouldnt turn on. So i'm assuming its a fused or short circuit. Is anyone capable of repairing a box mod that had been juice damaged? Will tip generously.

Cheers,
Ryan

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I havent tried using contact cleaner. But ive already used alcohol swab to clean the area surrounding the circuit board and then used hair dryer to dry it for a good 2hours. Its been more than a week. Still dead. =( Anyone else got any ideas? I dont seem to be able to get a new box mod too .
Why can't you get a new mod?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I really liked the colour and this particular snow wolf mod. I'm still trying my best to save it, if not I still want to get the same exact one. Gold snow wolf 200w. But I don't know anyone who sells anymore =(

Damn that sucks. I know what you mean, though. Find a colour or style you like but then the device fries.

If you're really hard up, can get a cheaper alt and harvest the chipset from that to make a repair.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread