The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Box mods and battery gas

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by KonaNeil, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I just bought a box mod from a forum member. Works really well and when I'm out and about, nobody is going to say: "put out your cigarette!" However, its leaving me a little concerned.

The atomizer vents into the box where of course the battery resides. Don't all batteries outgas? Aren't I then inhaling whatever the battery spews out?

If I'm correct, shouldn't these units be made with a separate chamber for the atty? Anyone know if the rectangular Janty units have this feature?

2. fonosmoak

fonosmoak Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Regards,

I would consult your warranty card, see if intoxication by battery gas is listed as a feature.

If not, I'd not worry all that much as several comercially produced units make no effort to isolate the cart from the batery...

Every auto battery for example...

But, I must admit that having made a mod myself of a auto switch to manual switched box mod, and isolating my cart from the guts as it were, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling--not to be confused with a bat gas buz...

Yeah, this post has not been particularly helpful---it's the interweb
    Allowance must be made.

mod your mod- side pipes have always been cool on rods...

Better luck
    fo

3. Lazarus

Lazarus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2009
    Treasure Coast, FL
    He he he, been sniffin yer side exhaust...did it for years myself I guess.

I think we are all a little sensitive to pollutants these days. Battery out gassing? crap, I'm surrounded, I give up!!

4. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Yes, I'm aware the auto battery units work this way too. I think that the isolation of the air stream from the battery was part of the reason manuals have become accepted so quickly.

You're right of course about the Interweb. If we had wanted it to give us good info, we should have gone to someone more technical than Al Gore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.