Status
Not open for further replies.

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
my mom in indiana uses it with success , i have not tried it , i have 4 foot of polyfil matting before i worry about using my 1/2 carton of roll ur own filters . in her mall brand she is able to fill 4x carts off one filter . good luck try it and if fail stop and try something else "search button = success "

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
trimmed down could they be used instead of polyfil in cartridges:confused:???????
does anyone kno?

Akkk!

Don't do it!

With so many mods available, I wouldn't pour precious drops of e-liquid into an analog sponge unless it's the last option available. Polyfil isn't exactly hard to hunt and gather and tea bags are even easier to find.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
i wonder if reall soft sponge would work?

Don't think that will do too well, especially depending on what it is made of. I highly suggest checking out MoobyGhosts video on the pyramid teabag mod. Works very very well. Very cheap as well, can reuse the pieces for a super long time from what I am finding out and you can cut 40 "filters" from a box that costs $3 at Walmart.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Well I did check the interwebz, I don't want a case and a buck per bag is outrageous. That's why I was looking for local. Are the prices on the web the norm?

Yes, compared to analogs that are cheap but I was thinking 5-6 buck to try it. 8-o

Nestran

In my local Walmart they were $3.

Also I would like to suggest that everyone ASK A STORE WORKER about the Pyramid bags. I about missed them when I went looking for them because the box is a lot smaller than you think it is. And if they only have like 3 available flavors there like my Walmart did, you may miss them completely.

So if you go in there and are scanning the shelf for them and don't see them, keep scanning or ask a store worker, they may be there and you missed them. Also, they should be able to tell you if another local walmart has them.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Please for the love of Yahweh, dont use the PG tips brand unless you save the tea and send it to me. That would be a complete waste, nectar of the gods! :p

PG Tips should technically not work because of the material that the bags are made out of. I had a friend from England send me some of those years ago and the material was totally different than the stuff used for the Lipton Pyramid bags.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Well now it makes sense, there are two super walmarts in my area and they are the ones that have it. Both are 30 miles away. :(

Understand that I live in R.I. so anything more than ten miles requires planning and supplies lol. :D

Nestran

Haha, you city people! You always make me chuckle when you make statements like that. Where I live, I'd say that 95% of the people drive at least 20 miles ONE WAY to work. Some of them even as far as 60-100 miles one way. To get to anything decent, you have to drive at least 20 miles. To get to something not crappy, you have to drive around 60 miles. To get to something actually reasonably cool, you have to drive 100 miles! I don't mean to offend, but it's funny to me. I have to drive 6 miles just to get to my little town from where I live outside of town. We have three schools in this county and some of those poor children out in the "sticks" have to ride on a bus for like 2 or more hours!

Reminds me of when I worked customer support for Amazon.com who also handles support for Target.com (shh, that's a secret). A lady from NYC called in and asked me to see about something that was out of stock online. I checked her local store which was only a very few miles away, probably across town, and they were also out of stock. Then I checked another store that was 10 miles away from her, and they had it. I said "Ma'am, they actually have it at the store in Blahblah, which is only 10 miles from you!" and she said "OH MY GOD, 10 miles? Jeesus, that's a freakin long way from here!". And she was totally serious!

Sorry, can't help but poke fun at you "city folk". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread