Boxer clone just arrived.. Time to upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincikid

Oct 11, 2015
The Boxer mod clone seemed like a good way to dip my toes into two things I've been meaning to try, Squonking and modding.

My Boxer clone just arrived and it's in need of an upgrade.
I ordered a bottle from Reos mods that feels much much better than the original.
So with that solved the only other problem I've run into so far (and it's a big one)is the only BF Atty I own, the SXK Hadaly will not screw on, after the first two threads it stops. Odd because it screws down on 3 other devices, and all of my toppers (4) screw down on the Boxer clone. Why? I don't know.

Short of rethreading the 510, I wouldn't know how to fix it.
So rather than messing with the OEM 510 I'm looking at ordering a new one.

I am looking at these two 510 but would gladly take recommendations.

VT 510
And
FDV 510

I won't be building lower than .18
I'm looking for something 22mm that would sit flush like the OEM and plug n play where I won't have to mod the 510 or contacts. Would you recommend manual or self-adjusting?
I think I will eventually replace the contacts, but for now, id just like to get squonking. :D

As I have never replaced a 510 or anything else on a mod, I certainly appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Here is a pick of the Boxer Mod clone 510 and contacts.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I've not used it but the designers of the Varitube 510 are 2 awesome guys who are squonkers at heart and I've heard nothing but good about the 510s. FD 510s definitely have their pitfalls as well which is why the VT was born. Long story short, go with the VT. It should be close to plug-n-play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread