Boxer Mod 75W with YiHi SX350J-V2 Temperature Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
The information I got from Ginger Vaper is that preorders may go up next week, but they likely won't ship until first week of January. Yihi is trying to satisfy demand for the ML first. There is also a constraint on supply of OLED screens for both the yihi and dna 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Did you buy the prototype that was on eBay? Let us know how it is!!!
nope. UK supplier that has a handful available. Chip supply is limited and they only have a few enclosures from GV. I will let you know. I will probably have to wait for the 26650s to turn up!

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
The information I got from Ginger Vaper is that preorders may go up next week, but they likely won't ship until first week of January. Yihi is trying to satisfy demand for the ML first. There is also a constraint on supply of OLED screens for both the yihi and DNA 200.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the info I got from GV about last week, so hopefully it's this week. Come on YIHI!!!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
well here is the box! No idea what chip is in there as I have no 26650s yet...duh!
Last pic is compared to the DNA133 dual 18650 version. My small xmas tree with blue LED lights in the background lol!
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Not saying you should, but (there is always a but lol) you could try it out with an 18650 with a couple of rubber washers around it as spacers (like 1/3 and 2/3 the way down).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm just talking about so you can try it out/make sure it works. I've done it before when I needed a 18500 but only had a 14500 (I used rubber bands. My motto is: Where there is a will, there is a way).

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Not saying you should, but (there is always a but lol) you could try it out with an 18650 with a couple of rubber washers around it as spacers (like 1/3 and 2/3 the way down).
It did cross my mind but I think I may as well wait until tomorrow. I guess I could also try on USB power but not sure whether that would tell me what the chipset is...it would work with a DNA200 but not sure about the 350J. Any ideas anyone?

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I don't think USB will work without a battery.
Looks nice!
That was my thought and why I didn't bother trying. Hopefully batts will turn up tomorrow and I guess we will see. Frankly if it isn't the proper V2 and just a 2.32 FW upgraded V1 it is probably going straight back!

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
well here is the box! No idea what chip is in there as I have no 26650s yet...duh!
Last pic is compared to the DNA133 dual 18650 version. My small xmas tree with blue LED lights in the background lol!
. View attachment 512856 View attachment 512857 View attachment 512858 View attachment 512859

Looks like the DNA133/SX350J Boxer but thinner because it just has the one battery (which it should because that is what it is lol), but my point is WOW that must be really small. I really like that gray and would have went for that instead of the alumylon if it was out when I got my DNA133.

How do you like the back door on it relative to the magnets on the 133 (think I recall you got the magnets too on your 133).

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
It did cross my mind but I think I may as well wait until tomorrow. I guess I could also try on USB power but not sure whether that would tell me what the chipset is...it would work with a DNA200 but not sure about the 350J. Any ideas anyone?
A single 18650 will also work as its the same voltage & same exact 65mm height. There will just be extra space on the sides.

I highly doubt it's a v2 chip. I don't think yihi even started shipping them yet & haven't seen any vendors selling yet. I think you got a prototype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread