The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Brainstorm: The "Cap"

Discussion in 'Mini Pipe' started by Vapor Fiend, Jun 19, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    Ok so for the start of this thread, let's brainstorm on ways to keep those pesky caps on the battery bowls. So far, I haven't thought of anything.

Anyone else? hahaha... No seriously though, I was thinking about a small rubber band maybe... but that would be a bit much I think.

***Update***

I fold-cut a small piece of a small paperclip roughly the length of the inside diameter of the battery bowl and simply placed it on top of the battery, underneath the cap. It takes a bit of playing with to get the cap to twist and lock under the flanges, but once it does it stays pretty tight. Maybe instead of a paperclip, a thin washer would do the trick. The next thing is guarding against the small distance it takes to untwist the cap... will update.

2. Antig

Antig Full Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Los Angeles
    i use an o-ring. works great

3. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    I was wondering about an o-ring. Where do you place it?

4. mickey223

mickey223 Full Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Small o-ring on across the caps two leads and it will snug up on the posts..forgot what size, but works great

5. nocomply

nocomply Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2009
    Princeton, Indiana
    How about grabbing the spring at the bottom, and stretching it upward. In theory, it would put more pressure on the battery, transferring up to the cap?

I'll try it soon as I can find my tweezers....:oops:

6. Tecratk

Tecratk Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have two mini pipes, one auto (from MyVaporStore.com) and one manual (the EM Mini Pipe from Eastmall.net) and I've never had a problem keeping the caps on.. There is definitely a huge difference in quality between the two pipes though for sure. I much prefer the EM Mini Pipe, as it's compatible with many of my 801 attys.

Where did you guys purchase your Mini Pipes? I'm wondering if there is one specific supplier that is selling them with faulty battery caps..

7. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Tecratk, You like the manuel from Eastmall? I am thinking of buying it for myself. I bought the auto for my son for Christmas. (from MVS) I really like his..of course I tried it..lol. I hoped the manuel would be better..I vape more then he does!
    When you guys say an O ring..do you mean plastic, rubber or metal? Wouldn't metal short something out?

8. jboze

jboze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Orange County, CA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.