Brand New Sigelei 150Watt Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Not 100000% sure this belongs in this sub-forum, or in the batteries sub-forum, but here's my issue/question.

Have a brand new Sigelei 150Watt mod. Purchased Samsung 25R 18650's as they have been highly recommended by many.

batteries are married in a pair, charged to completion (4.2v) on a digital charger. I put them in the Sigelei. It first reads 44%, but jumps to 100% upon firing for the first time. Not so concerned about that, as I've read many others have said this is just a bug with the chip.

With a .3 ohm Atlantis coil (tested the Ohms on other devices, they all read .3 ohm), and the battery reading 100%, the Sigelei refuses to fire above 65 watts. It reads "check battery". After only a few puffs, and minimal battery usage (95% remaining), the Sigelei will start displaying "check battery" on anything above 60 watts. I'm now down to 55 watts, and the Sigelei is still not firing, saying to "check battery".

My question to all of you whom are wayyyy smarter than I.... Is this a faulty Sigelei? Or am I dealing with faulty batteries? And if the batteries are faulty, why would they charge fully to 4.2v, and show as 100% on the Sigelei, but not perform in the unit to let's say 80 watts or higher, when numerous others who swear by these batteries are having no problems doing so?

Any and all info from you all would be highly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Definitely the Sigelei imo. I think you would likely know something was wrong with your batteries (overheating, not completely charging, unusual activity) while they were on the charger.

Where did you get it from? Hopefully a good site with a return/exchange system?

Last edited:
Reactions: ditc

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Interesting... Thanks for the quick response, Cullin Kin! I won't mention the vendor here, but from what I understand, they are very reputable and have a good return policy. I hadn't contacted them just yet, as I was assuming perhaps it was a battery problem and not a Sigelei problem, which is why I came here to seek out advice and info from knowledgeable people like yourself. Out of curiosity, do you own the Sigelei 150w and use the Samsung 25Rs?

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I'm waiting on some more samsung 25r batts from a reputable vendor before i send the Sigelei back. The Samsungs i bought were from amazon. Although, the connection points on the 2 batts differ, 1 has 4 connection points, the other has 5. Doing more research, it sounds like genuine samsungs have only 3 connection points. Anyone familiar with this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 54

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
I'm waiting on some more samsung 25r batts from a reputable vendor before i send the Sigelei back. The Samsungs i bought were from amazon. Although, the connection points on the 2 batts differ, 1 has 4 connection points, the other has 5. Doing more research, it sounds like genuine samsungs have only 3 connection points. Anyone familiar with this?
Do you have another pair of batteries to try? Seams likely you'd have at least two sets. Very possible bad batteries. You test them on a multimeter?

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
I don't have more 18650s yet. Just ordered some from another vendor. The reason i didn't order more than one pair yet was for this exact reason. Haha. I only had the readout from the nitecore d2, no multimeter though.
Yah, bad batteries or faulty ground. Bad ground connections account for a large number of problems in APVs from info on these forums!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA

My Samsungs from Amazon do only have 3 connection points. These were the 1st 18650 I ever bought and I have not used them in the Sig 150 yet, they are dead or I would give them a spin, I will be able to report test on a .25 starre coil on the sig within a day or so for comparison.

Amazon.com: 2 Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 2500mAh 3.6v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries (Blue/Green assorted): Electronics

I realize buying from Amazon is not ideal, but I was brand new to the vape game and the reviews were solid. So if anyone has Samsungs you deem 110% legit. What do they look like? I will also add mine DID NOT have the printing on them, but a white sticker in place of.

WP_20150624_22_55_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20150624_22_55_21_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: legacygone

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
@sd3614
Pull the sticker off and see if the printing is hidden under it.
With good lighting, you should be able to see some printing under the wrapper also.

Gut feeling says they're fake.

@ditc
They didn't work to hard to fake those. Probably old recycled batteries with new wrappers.

INR18650-25R under the sticker. Wonder why they do that?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
This will help explained everything, and i personally think you gotten yourself some fake samsungs batteries off amazon.

The OP, yes, those are not authentic.

Mine are from Amazon also but after reading the article & seeing what the OP has I am now 100% confident mine are authentic. Now does that mean the next person who orders from the link I shared will get what I got? No, but you don't returns are easy peasy with the big A.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Don't like the looks of the white sticker thing..........screams re wrap to me
I got a pair of VTC4's from orbtronic the other day that had the same stickers on them. If I find out the are re-wraps, I'm gonna b ......!!!!!
bats.jpg

They look legit under the stickers. BUt I have 2 pair from my B&M that don't have the stickers on them. I thought that was an orbtronic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread