The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Brand New Sigelei 150Watt Issues

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ditc, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ditc

ditc Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Not 100000% sure this belongs in this sub-forum, or in the batteries sub-forum, but here's my issue/question.

Have a brand new Sigelei 150Watt mod. Purchased Samsung 25R 18650's as they have been highly recommended by many.

Batteries are married in a pair, charged to completion (4.2v) on a digital charger. I put them in the Sigelei. It first reads 44%, but jumps to 100% upon firing for the first time. Not so concerned about that, as I've read many others have said this is just a bug with the chip.

With a .3 ohm Atlantis coil (tested the Ohms on other devices, they all read .3 ohm), and the battery reading 100%, the Sigelei refuses to fire above 65 watts. It reads "check battery". After only a few puffs, and minimal battery usage (95% remaining), the Sigelei will start displaying "check battery" on anything above 60 watts. I'm now down to 55 watts, and the Sigelei is still not firing, saying to "check battery".

My question to all of you whom are wayyyy smarter than I.... Is this a faulty Sigelei? Or am I dealing with faulty batteries? And if the batteries are faulty, why would they charge fully to 4.2v, and show as 100% on the Sigelei, but not perform in the unit to let's say 80 watts or higher, when numerous others who swear by these batteries are having no problems doing so?

Any and all info from you all would be highly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

2. Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Definitely the Sigelei imo. I think you would likely know something was wrong with your batteries (overheating, not completely charging, unusual activity) while they were on the charger.

Where did you get it from? Hopefully a good site with a return/exchange system?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    Interesting... Thanks for the quick response, Cullin Kin! I won't mention the vendor here, but from what I understand, they are very reputable and have a good return policy. I hadn't contacted them just yet, as I was assuming perhaps it was a battery problem and not a Sigelei problem, which is why I came here to seek out advice and info from knowledgeable people like yourself. Out of curiosity, do you own the Sigelei 150w and use the Samsung 25Rs?

4. fishgod

fishgod Full Member Verified Member

Mar 22, 2015
    USA: Alaska
    Ditc
    My guess is that the Sigelei is at fault. The chip thinks that the batts are not charged enough to deliver the wattage you want. I have a 150 but I'm running Sony VTC4's and also a Pair of LG cells

• Like Like x 1
  5. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm waiting on some more samsung 25r batts from a reputable vendor before i send the Sigelei back. The Samsungs i bought were from amazon. Although, the connection points on the 2 batts differ, 1 has 4 connection points, the other has 5. Doing more research, it sounds like genuine samsungs have only 3 connection points. Anyone familiar with this?

Attached Files:

6. ramrod

ramrod Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Do you have another pair of batteries to try? Seams likely you'd have at least two sets. Very possible bad batteries. You test them on a multimeter?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have more 18650s yet. Just ordered some from another vendor. The reason i didn't order more than one pair yet was for this exact reason. Haha. I only had the readout from the nitecore d2, no multimeter though.

8. ramrod

ramrod Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Yah, bad batteries or faulty ground. Bad ground connections account for a large number of problems in APVs from info on these forums!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sd3614

sd3614 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    My Samsungs from Amazon do only have 3 connection points. These were the 1st 18650 I ever bought and I have not used them in the Sig 150 yet, they are dead or I would give them a spin, I will be able to report test on a .25 starre coil on the sig within a day or so for comparison.

Amazon.com: 2 Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 2500mAh 3.6v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries (Blue/Green assorted): Electronics

I realize buying from Amazon is not ideal, but I was brand new to the vape game and the reviews were solid. So if anyone has Samsungs you deem 110% legit. What do they look like? I will also add mine DID NOT have the printing on them, but a white sticker in place of.

WP_20150624_22_55_44_Pro.jpg WP_20150624_22_55_21_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    That is odd. Maybe you got some fake batteries! I did have a Sig150 with Samsungs for about a week and had no issues. They should only have 3 connections though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ablonz

Ablonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I think those may be re-wraps. I have a married pair and mine are just like the above mentioned and pictured (3 connecting points). I use mine in the Sigelei 100 watt and never had a problem. I would guess the batteries with the info given.

12. BackDoc

BackDoc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    Don't like the looks of the white sticker thing..........screams re wrap to me

13. Spirometry

Spirometry Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2014
    New Orleans
    @sd3614
    Pull the sticker off and see if the printing is hidden under it.
    With good lighting, you should be able to see some printing under the wrapper also.

Gut feeling says they're fake.

@ditc
    They didn't work to hard to fake those. Probably old recycled batteries with new wrappers.

14. sd3614

Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    INR18650-25R under the sticker. Wonder why they do that?

15. vRperism

vRperism Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 1, 2014
    La Li Lu Le Lo
    This will help explained everything, and i personally think you gotten yourself some fake samsungs batteries off amazon.

16. sd3614

Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    The OP, yes, those are not authentic.

Mine are from Amazon also but after reading the article & seeing what the OP has I am now 100% confident mine are authentic. Now does that mean the next person who orders from the link I shared will get what I got? No, but you don't returns are easy peasy with the big A.

17. Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat Vaping Master

Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I got a pair of VTC4's from orbtronic the other day that had the same stickers on them. If I find out the are re-wraps, I'm gonna b pissed!!!!!
    bats.jpg
    They look legit under the stickers. BUt I have 2 pair from my B&M that don't have the stickers on them. I thought that was an orbtronic thing.

18. BackDoc

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    I would trust Orbtronic, but im seeing allot of these type batts coming out of the local B+M vape shops........i don't trust them.....looks like E Bay bulk 18650s with a label-maker, you know,buy them for a buck....sell them for 10

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nick Jennings

Nick Jennings Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have 4 authentic Samsung 25R's for my Sigelei 150W. They are amazing and hold up for 2 days on a charge. I'm buying 2 more as I have a trip coming up and I can't take my charger so extra batteries are a "plus". Lol!

20. BackDoc

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    Was at a b+m on vacation yesterday in Maine , same thing, label maker tags on batts. A thought occurred to me that possibly they are authentic and they label them for employees and customers alike to ease confusion, I'm being optimistic

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.