Brand New... Still have questions! Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Jackson, TN USA
www.roarvapor.com
I was snooping around on youtube one day and ran across GrimmGreen... two weeks later I have my first device, the Joye 510. I have pretty nub questions.

Got my joye 510 and so far... flavors are not as strong as I expected them to be. Decent vapor and throat hit, but the flavors are killing it for me. Granted... this is my 3rd day of not having a normal cigarette and the forums say your taste buds should come back. But... I'm finding myself liking just the Menthol carts that came with the device because they are the only thing that give me a flavor that doesn't taste... burnt? I can't explain it too well. Burnt may not be the right word for it... it's almost metallic? Not the vapor itself but the aftertaste. Had a chocolate and a coffee cart and not only did they not taste like their names, but they tasted exactly the same and both left a pretty nasty aftertaste.

I also ordered eight 10ml bottles to drip with, but none of these flavors seem to be good either. I haven't thoroughly tested them yet, wanting to use up my carts before they dry out, but I have tried them for a few vapes and have not been impressed. This may be again because I haven't thoroughly cleaned the atty after using it on one flavor.

If you drip 2-3 drops... how many drags can you get? If you take the long slow ones like you do. How do you know to add more? Just no more vapor? I don't want to burn up my atomizer.

How do you clean your atomizers? Does the taste come of whatever you used last still linger after you clean them?

How do I know if my cart is empty.... just no more vapor? I'm terrified that I'll burn up my atomizer by trying to vape an empty cart cause my package came with only 1 working atomizer, the other was DOA.

I suppose if I'm that worried about flavor I should just break down and get a 5 volt device or higher eh? That and look for juice that isn't the cheapest but rather has better reviews. Doh!

kr808d1

Moved On
Jan 8, 2010
Round Rock , Tx
Do yourself a favor and make it easy and get a kr808d-1 from vapor4life , the automatic seems to be better than the manual imo . the metallic taste is probably the nicotine as i taste it myself but more in higher mg's . what mg's did you get btw ? also get empty carts and use your juice to fill them the filled carts from v4l have been tasting crazy lately .

Last edited:

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Just keep your carts moist at all times. It becomes a habit. Drops into the cart and drops onto the atty. I also alternate several PVs so they don't overheat. Order a couple more attys and batts.

I was snooping around on youtube one day and ran across GrimmGreen... two weeks later I have my first device, the Joye 510. I have pretty nub questions.

Got my joye 510 and so far... flavors are not as strong as I expected them to be. Decent vapor and throat hit, but the flavors are killing it for me. Granted... this is my 3rd day of not having a normal cigarette and the forums say your taste buds should come back. But... I'm finding myself liking just the Menthol carts that came with the device because they are the only thing that give me a flavor that doesn't taste... burnt? I can't explain it too well. Burnt may not be the right word for it... it's almost metallic? Not the vapor itself but the aftertaste. Had a chocolate and a coffee cart and not only did they not taste like their names, but they tasted exactly the same and both left a pretty nasty aftertaste.

I also ordered eight 10ml bottles to drip with, but none of these flavors seem to be good either. I haven't thoroughly tested them yet, wanting to use up my carts before they dry out, but I have tried them for a few vapes and have not been impressed. This may be again because I haven't thoroughly cleaned the atty after using it on one flavor.

If you drip 2-3 drops... how many drags can you get? If you take the long slow ones like you do. How do you know to add more? Just no more vapor? I don't want to burn up my atomizer.

How do you clean your atomizers? Does the taste come of whatever you used last still linger after you clean them?

How do I know if my cart is empty.... just no more vapor? I'm terrified that I'll burn up my atomizer by trying to vape an empty cart cause my package came with only 1 working atomizer, the other was DOA.

I suppose if I'm that worried about flavor I should just break down and get a 5 volt device or higher eh? That and look for juice that isn't the cheapest but rather has better reviews. Doh!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Where did you get the juices from? A good juice really makes a difference - can't say that enough to people.
I got some pre-filleds with my kit at first and they weren't bad, not at all, but after reading some of the E-Liquid reviews here I figured I ought to try some of the suppliers most often mentioned. The difference in flavor is like night and day.
I have some more juices on order right now from 2 other suppliers (just dipping my toe in with the smallest sizes to see if I like them) but the one I DID get (who doesn't do sampler sizes) is just so so good and tasty - and not at all faint! EVen though the one I have atm is LESS nic strength it actually tastes stronger, smoother, and of course the flavor is awesome!
Do yourself a favor and get some of THOSE kinds of falvors, and vape the difference!
Onto the 'when is it dry' question - as soon as the taste changes from mmmmm to ewww basically. That's the time to top off. If it tastes at all harsh or burnt, top it off. Just drip a couple of drop onto the cart or onto the atty itself (on the raised up part inside if you have a joye510 type, not sure if they are ALL like that, don't have any others myself). I top mine off all the time. If I vape a lot it needs more topping off - less vaping = less topping off. Also if it gets really hot it tends to vape faster (because its hot) and needs topping off more.

DudeInMichigan

Dec 23, 2009
S.W.Michigan
To answer another of your questions, I drip with my Joye510. I have concluded that 2 drips is equal to about 1 cigarette (for me, others may think different). Capt. said it perfect, when the flavor turns to ICKY, drip a couple more drops.

Juice makes a BIG BIG difference too. Personally, I don't like dekang juice, but I do like Nhaler and Johnson Creek. Others on here hate the J.C. juice and swear by Dekang. Do yourself a favor and order some samples from some of the different vendors. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Lastly, the juice that tastes like crap to you now...... may taste a lot different in a couple weeks when your taste buds come back a little.

Good Luck,
Dude

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
To answer another of your questions, I drip with my Joye510. I have concluded that 2 drips is equal to about 1 cigarette (for me, others may think different). Capt. said it perfect, when the flavor turns to ICKY, drip a couple more drops.

Juice makes a BIG BIG difference too. Personally, I don't like dekang juice, but I do like Nhaler and Johnson Creek. Others on here hate the J.C. juice and swear by Dekang. Do yourself a favor and order some samples from some of the different vendors. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Lastly, the juice that tastes like crap to you now...... may taste a lot different in a couple weeks when your taste buds come back a little.

Good Luck,
Dude

Very well said.

And do not give up on your 510. Check out other posts about cleaning your atty as mixing some flavors will give up some nasty vapes.

:thumb:

Just got my Vapor King kit and tried it today. Not too bad. It came with 2 batteries, a bucnh of pouches about 15 of different flavors, a wall charger, a USB charger and a something called a passthrough. What is that for? It is green and has a USB at one end and what appears to be another battery with a button. The manual does nott provide info. Thanks

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I've been vaping just short of two weeks now and I'm still gravitating to "menthol only" e-liquids. I have to agree with all of the above though. Try sample sizes from various places. You may be disappointed with lots of them, but put them aside.

The pre-filled carts don't last long at all. Refilling the pre-filled carts proved to be short-lived as well.

I do drip sometimes. Other times I stuff and fill my carts and top them off when they start to taste YUCK.

Two weeks in, I can now go back and actually "taste" the e-liquids I didn't like and some I never thought I would find "good" now really do taste good.

I did find a menthol e-juice that's just right for me and I do use it all day.

I also agree with not giving up on your 510. Once I figured it all out, and found out what just works for me (and I am still tweaking things as I learn) - I find it really versatile and very satisfying.

Good Luck!

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB

I would not give up on the 510 just yet.

You need to give yourself and the device a chance.

My suggestions:

1) Read the thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-you-ever-wanted-know-about-your-510-a.html

2) Already mentioned --- get yourself sampler packs of juice.

3) In my opinion good juice flavour, throat hit etc, etc depends alot on the type of cart mod you are using. I don't use PTB anymore but for noobs it is the way to go.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/52430-ptb-straw-mod-ptb-made-easy.html

4) Get some more attys. Assign a specific juice to cart/atty and rotate amongst them during the day. This will allow you to determine fairly quickly what you like.

5) Get 2 more batteries. You will need them.

6) You may never find a juice you like. Or more specifically the flavour you are expecting. You might consider DIY juices. This way you can get the flavour you want.

This is all going to take time, lots of patience and experimentation.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Vapor_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Jackson, TN USA
www.roarvapor.com
Wow, so many replies. I just posted this thread last night... very impressed.

To answer a question someone mentioned, the juices came from LitecigUSA.net and I bought my device itself from VaporKings.

As far as getting sampler packs.... I thought that was exactly what I was doing. Except making my own pack. Here are the flavors I purchased: Blueberry, Strawberry, 555, Camel (Turkish Blend), Chocolate Cream, Chocolate, Cream, and vanilla. To be honest so far, Rob at VaporKings sent me a bunch of pre-filled carts for free with my order. Those have been what I've been using because they taste the best. He only sent me Marlbro and Menthol though... both seem to be strong enough flavor for me.

I'll get some more sampler packs and I'll try to use just one atty to a flavor. That's going to be hard though cause one of my atty's was DOA, so I only have one right now. I suppose I'll have to buy some more of them as well.

Am I right in assuming that higher voltage devices give better flavor? Or is LitecigUSA just not the place to get juice?

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Got my joye 510 and so far... flavors are not as strong as I expected them to be. Decent vapor and throat hit, but the flavors are killing it for me.

You may want to try some of the extra-flavor juices. I know that MyFreedomSmokes and DIYFlavorshack sell them and there are probably other recommended vendors as well.

I highly recommend MFS. The Keoke Coffee, English Toffee, Maple and Honey flavors in extra-flavor are outstanding.

Vapor_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Jackson, TN USA
www.roarvapor.com
Sounds like we have similar tastes, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and LOVE coffee flavors. I'll try them, thanks!

You may want to try some of the extra-flavor juices. I know that MyFreedomSmokes and DIYFlavorshack sell them and there are probably other recommended vendors as well.

I highly recommend MFS. The Keoke Coffee, English Toffee, Maple and Honey flavors in extra-flavor are outstanding.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Sounds like we have similar tastes, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and LOVE coffee flavors. I'll try them, thanks!
Then you should maybe try MY current fave, Butter Rum (TV version) from Tasty vapor (link is on forums, suppliers page) - sweet and rummy goodness also he does some top flavors (but not in sample sizes)

911sc4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Also - Puresmoker and Johnson Creek - both have pretty good sample packs to try. I've found that Johnson Creek has a "love it" or "hate it" taste, but at this early stage (like you) I can't really say where I am on the subject.

BTW - after a week of no analogs - I'm really starting to TASTE the flavors now.

Also - I got some no nic juice from Dietsmokes that is great for when I have cravings, but without the nicotine and seem to have a really high flavor content.

Good luck,
-jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread