The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Brand new to tank set up

Discussion in 'Tank Reviews' started by DantesInferno, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    So with my provari I ordered their smoktek DCT tank. Any idea why provape sells the DCT with a single coil atomizer? I though DCT stood for dual coil tank? I may be wrong. Anyway loaded the thing up and I'm pleasantly surprised. Initially I filled it with gorilla juice as its a lil thinner than my bobas. I typically only use vg. Was afraid the single hole wouldn't wick well but no issues so far. Im guessing i may have to enlarge the hole for my bobas though. My second fear was lack of a good throat hit. I'm usually a dripper so great taste and throat hit is important to me. The taste is pretty well spot on. The throat hit though less than dripping is actually quite nice. So I'm happy to report my intro to tanks is going quite nicely. Gotta thank this forum for all my knowledge prior to even receiving it. Might add I'm currently vaping this 3ohm atty at 4.6v.

2. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343367924.605900.jpg
    Perfect syringe to fill tank. Thought I might just add that.

3. Adam the Aussie

Adam the Aussie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2011
    Australia
    Cartos and carto tanks have been copping a bit of flack around here since the emergence of the ViviNova, but when set up correctly, a carto tank is a sensational vape. I haven't tried the Vivi Nova, but my tanks crap all over my CE4's for consistency, volume, throat hit vapor and flavor.

4. Xaiver

Xaiver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Clearwater, MN
    Single coils produce better vapor. I'm not an electrical engineer, so I can't tell you exactly why. The way I understand it though is that both coils are getting half the power, which decreases the quality of the vapor. Do a search and read up on dual coils, there are quite a few good posts on why single coils are better.

5. Adam the Aussie

Adam the Aussie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2011
    Australia
    Single coils all the way! I'm not quite sure where dual coils fit in, they must be good for something?

6. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Hmmm didn't know that about single vs dual coil. Great to know.

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I don't understand it enough to explain it technically, but the bottom line is like Xavier said above. After what I have read, it seems dual coils are better designed for high voltage vaping. Apparently they don't shine until they get 5+v.

I have nothing to back it up, but my hunch is SmokTek wanted to market their dual coils along with their affordable tank for the masses, and included the dual coils with the tanks to help get the product out there. Purely a marketing scheme. DUAL COILS! Oh my! :drool: ...NOT!!

I've got several dct Smoktek tanks. Since I currently only run 3.7v on both of my mods, I'm going to switch all my cartos to single coils. I just ordered new ones today, 1 and 2 hole pre-drilled from Smoktek. I'm eager to see an improvement in performance.

8. Mikey3

Mikey3 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Monmouth County NJ
    Provape offers single coils with there tanks for the main reason of it being vari volt. if you were to use a dual coil, the highest voltage you could reach is 4.7 on a V2 provari. Anything higher would produce an E1. Dual coils were "good" to a point but drain the hell out of your batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.