Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
So with my provari I ordered their smoktek DCT tank. Any idea why provape sells the DCT with a single coil atomizer? I though DCT stood for dual coil tank? I may be wrong. Anyway loaded the thing up and I'm pleasantly surprised. Initially I filled it with gorilla juice as its a lil thinner than my bobas. I typically only use vg. Was afraid the single hole wouldn't wick well but no issues so far. Im guessing i may have to enlarge the hole for my bobas though. My second fear was lack of a good throat hit. I'm usually a dripper so great taste and throat hit is important to me. The taste is pretty well spot on. The throat hit though less than dripping is actually quite nice. So I'm happy to report my intro to tanks is going quite nicely. Gotta thank this forum for all my knowledge prior to even receiving it. Might add I'm currently vaping this 3ohm atty at 4.6v.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343367924.605900.jpg
Perfect syringe to fill tank. Thought I might just add that.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Single coils produce better vapor. I'm not an electrical engineer, so I can't tell you exactly why. The way I understand it though is that both coils are getting half the power, which decreases the quality of the vapor. Do a search and read up on dual coils, there are quite a few good posts on why single coils are better.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't understand it enough to explain it technically, but the bottom line is like Xavier said above. After what I have read, it seems dual coils are better designed for high voltage vaping. Apparently they don't shine until they get 5+v.

I have nothing to back it up, but my hunch is SmokTek wanted to market their dual coils along with their affordable tank for the masses, and included the dual coils with the tanks to help get the product out there. Purely a marketing scheme. DUAL COILS! Oh my! :drool: ...NOT!!

I've got several dct Smoktek tanks. Since I currently only run 3.7v on both of my mods, I'm going to switch all my cartos to single coils. I just ordered new ones today, 1 and 2 hole pre-drilled from Smoktek. I'm eager to see an improvement in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread