Brand new to the forums and e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyleg40

Jun 11, 2013
Houston, TX SA
I am at 1 1/2 packs of mar ultra lights a day, had a stroke about a 1 1/2 yrs ago. Was told to go to e-cigs. I love grape and mtn dew flavoring. What is the best choice of e-cig? Whats the difference between liquid and cartridges and manual and automatic batteries? Thanks..Sorry for all the questions, but I need to stop cigs and goto e-cigs as soon as I can..Thank you again for having a forum to get help in.

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Hello and Welcome to ECF! You've already taken the first step in deciding to quit, and look into e-cigs.
As far as the "best" choice of e-cig goes, thats very subjective. It all depends on what form factor you like.

Liquid is Liquid, the cartridges contain the same liquid, but with a filler material that soaks it all up. Once empty, you can just refill and keep on vaping.

Manual/auto batteries are just that, the manual you just press a button to use, while automatic you just inhale and vape. I would suggest finding your closest Vape shop and paying them a visit. Look HERE, there seems to be a few Brick & Mortars in Houstin Texas. Im sure they will be glad to give you some hands on information, as well as let you try some flavors to see which you like.

Additionally, there is a wealth of information available on this forum, which can be confusing at times, take your time and read through what interests you. Many questions you may have, will have already been answered somewhere in here.

Good luck.

l0stm4n

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2012
el paso, TX
congrats on taking a first step by deciding to quit smoking.

like someone else said, there is a lot of information in here, however looking it up and understanding whats going on by just words can be pretty bad. i would reccomend you watch pbusardo's videos for beginners and if you still have some questions, go ahead come back and ask them. even if it is the tenth million time somebody has asked that or those questions all of us will be happy to help.

pbusardo beginner video:

A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech - YouTube

Welcome to the forum... There are a lot of choices now days in the e-cig of choice and the juices you can use. I have been vaping since 2008 and it is a great avenue to use as a NRT to get off analogs. But I find the best Advice to give is to make sure that you do your research. The best way to go about this is to look around ... You can do a basic search on the internet or even look up the vendors in this forum and take a look at what they offer.
Select maybe four or five devices and the same amount of juice vendors so that you can get specific evaluations from folks here on the site. I say this because most folks here only have indebt knowledge on what they have used and can only attest to that fact..... not necessarily giving you the best decisive advances to inform you on subjective concerns.
Once you have selected the ideal items that peak your interest and post a thread of the devices and vendors that you are looking at... The members that have a working knowledge of those specific devices and vendors will be better able to advise the pros and cons .. And point you to good info on this site about your choices, as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Im also a new convert..from 10 sticks a day. I did my research before purchasing anything and decided to purchasevprovari and ibtanked. I just started using it today and i am satisfied. My juices are Kentucky Applewood Blend and Caramel Capuccino both 20 mg of nicotine from Vermillion River.

Not a bad start. ;)

Congratulations!

Kyleg40

Jun 11, 2013
Houston, TX SA
I am using a disposable called Finiti, its ok, not a lot of vapor, I heard people use blu etc. I noticed on the smoke sites, there are a lot of I guess clear tubes instead of the cigarette style? I decided I like the automatic, better than manual, I am lazy so even pushing a button could be work. Just kidding. Thank you for the help so far and videos and reading materials

Kyleg40

Jun 11, 2013
Houston, TX SA
You like mountain dew flavor? I got one, i only dripped it once, it's your for free if you want it. I don't like it and it just sits there.

That sounds good. I just need to figure out what starter kit to go with. It seems that v2 is pretty popular also, just need to make sure I can add juices to them

Kyleg40

Jun 11, 2013
Houston, TX SA
Ok, after spending 2 days reading and reading and then some. I honestly figured out what I want.. I want an e-cig that looks like an analog, I don't vape for fun, but out of addiction. I want to quit. So the metal look etc. is out for me. Isn't there a cartridge system that is good, with good vapor and a lighter taste..Ultra-lights for a few years takes my nic level down..Thanks again

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have moved away from the cigalikes some years ago, but the Volt from Smokeless Image seems to be very popular among new users. You may also look at Vapor4Life website, Bloog, or Halo G6.

They are all kr808D-1 and fully interchangeable if you want to mix and match flavors, cartos or batteries!

Good luck.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So they are refillable? So I can actually get the liquids I want and put them in blanks? This is very cool, just mind boggling.

Very much so! All the sites I mentioned sell juices you can use for refilling. They also sell blank cartomizers if you want to use your own juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread