• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Brandon/Tampa Area Meetup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
From Tampa, Falkenberg exit to Causeway/Lumston turn right on Providence? Correct? Now to find the Kitchen place!

Found it just north of Barnacles..Thank goodness! I am such a visual person..I had to see them close to each other to figure it out! Barnacles is not in a mall right?

MK, there is no exit to Falkenberg...if you're meaning off of 75. Coming from Tampa it really is best to get off at 60/Adamo Dr/Brandon Blvd. Let me know from which point you'd get to Falkenberg, and I can probably figure it out for you.

Anyway, if you're on Causeway/Lumsden, you turn LEFT, not right, onto Providence. No, Barnacles is a freestanding building. I'm thinking that there is a Mimi's restaurant on the corner of Providence and Badlands Drive...another landmark is the Golden Corral, which is on the opposite side. There is a stoplight there, and a left turn lane (hope I'm remembering this correctly).

And, yes, the kitchen store is in a weird little area. You just have to get into that area and meander around:lol: Look for the Wings restaurant...it's the easiest landmark to see.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
OK, anyone know why the forum won't show the edit button on my post "pulled together information"?

I guess the forum is set to allow editing for only a certain amount of time, as best as I can figure out.

Since I can't update the pulled-together-info, I'll create a new post with directions...I've discovered that the manager at Barnacles may be wrong about the side street being Badlands Drive.

Ok, got tired of trying to find a good map online. So here is my hand-drawn map...no comments from the peanut gallery, please:)

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/a...Tampa Meetup

Last edited:

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Crap.
Change of plans - I am now a "tentative"... An out of town visitor decided to arrive at 6PM Sunday night..... Might make it, might not.

Because of that, I have given my wife instructions to hit up the Kitchen Store for flavors on Saturday... BEFORE you guys buy everything there! :)

Ahhh, is it bad for me to hope that your visitor doesn't show up????

If the store is out of flavorings, we'll know who to track down:evil:

greyeyes

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Florida
OK, anyone know why the forum won't show the edit button on my post "pulled together information"?

I guess the forum is set to allow editing for only a certain amount of time, as best as I can figure out.

Since I can't update the pulled-together-info, I'll create a new post with directions...I've discovered that the manager at Barnacles may be wrong about the side street being Badlands Drive.

Ok, got tired of trying to find a good map online. So here is my hand-drawn map...no comments from the peanut gallery, please:)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4494&d=1253805745

The attachment link won't open...get this message:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
:) I am planning to try and find it too! Can we make it sound any LESS confusing! Google says just over an hour :)

So, everyone converging on flavoring store first and then heading to Barnacles!!

Laurel, if you go to the mall first, make sure you come out the entrance on RT 60 (the one you went in). If you see Bed, Bath, and Beyond, you'll be exiting the correct way.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Sopduku, I meant to say the crosstown! And yes it does have a Faulkenburg exit..that's the one I used when DD lived there. I have to call her to make sure I have a bed for the night! LOL
Since I don't have to wait on Eastmall (my package is in China Customs misplaced somewhere!) I am free to come to Tampa on Sat.! Then I will come to Brandon on Sun.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Ohh, well if you're coming on the Crosstown you don't need to get off at Falkenberg.

Just go to the end of the Crosstown...it turns into Brandon Parkway. For Barnacles, turn right onto Town Center Blvd. After you've passed Borders (on the left) be in the right hand lane so you can turn into Barnacles side entrance.

For Kitchen Emporium, go a little further and turn right onto Badlands Dr.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
OK, I'm having to repost the list since I can no longer edit the original post.

SudokuGal + niece (Kathy) + Maggie
MaryKay (yippee...can't wait to meet her in person)
Jenn and Matt (mr. & mrs. mss5366)
Tracey (new to the forum)

Tentative:
Laurel (moved to tentative, depending on weather)
Bubo (if his out-of-town visitor is a no-show)
GreyEyes & hubby
Fl-Eagle -nope, has grandpa duty (such a good pawpaw)
Jan (who attended the pinellas meetup) and Crystal (who is doing better now that she is in a hard cast)

link to my handrawn map:

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/a...Tampa Meetup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread