Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
There are several places to buy it online but if you want to buy from a local store, they sell gallons of it for $20 at tractor supply stores, in the cow section....100% USP Propylene Glycol. And yes, it appears as safe as any other PG.

Lu

We used tio have a TSC store here. I miss them...............

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
The TSC stores around me only sell Feed Grade PG, no USP. All the Orschelns and Atwoods I've tried don't carry PG at all. None of the feed mills carried it. Large animal vets were all feed grade. VG I could get just about anywhere. Wal-Mart, any health food store.

I got irritated Saturday and tired of looking so while I was out shopping anyway, I asked at any pharmacy I was by. Walgreen's pharmacist was rude. Target's pharmacist didn't have any but was very helpful. He told me any compound pharmacy (pharmacy that actually mixes scripts) should either have or be able to order for me and listed some nearby ones for me.

After explaining to the nice concerned older lady that owned the compound pharmacy that I wanted it as a base for vaporizer fluid and her checking that it was not some kind of illicit controlled substance, she agreed to order it for me. Should be in some time today. She said it's a next day thing. 16oz, so about 473ml for $10-$12. More expensive than by the gallon, but no shipping and I know it's USP grade.

She also sent me to a old time candy shop a few doors down and the nice gentleman there found a B&M store that carries Lorann's for me. HTH

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The TSC stores around me only sell Feed Grade PG, no USP. All the Orschelns and Atwoods I've tried don't carry PG at all. None of the feed mills carried it. Large animal vets were all feed grade. VG I could get just about anywhere. Wal-Mart, any health food store.

Gee, that's too bad :(

The one I got from the tractor supply store is "Ideal" brand and says USP right on the front label. Wouldn't buy it if it didn't say USP though.

Lu

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Gee, that's too bad :(

The one I got from the tractor supply store is "Ideal" brand and says USP right on the front label. Wouldn't buy it if it didn't say USP though.

Lu

I know, I was so excited when I saw that big ol' gallon for $19.96, 100% Propylene Glycol. Then I saw the "Feed Grade" and thought, no I can get it later, let me check ECF first. :( I will keep checking whenever I'm in any stores getting feed.

The pharmacy just called to say the PG was in and it's $11.75/bottle. If I decide to do a lot of mixing, I'll do a road trip to OK for the USP grade gallon Flitzanu said they carry at Stillwater Milling Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread