Bringing Mod and Nicotine Juice to Brisbane Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in some time.

I am traveling from the US to Brisbane, Australia exactly a week from today. I already know that Queensland has made nicotine juice illegal, but does anyone here know if I can bring about 400 ml of my own DIY juice there and get it through customs? Is it level to travel there (without a prescription! My doctor would laugh his .... off if I asked him for a prescription for my vape) and bring just enough for my 2 week vacation. My original plan was to bring my DIY juice for the trip, but if I really have to, I can buy some stuff from the store.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Doug Herrington

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate,
Apparently, No worries.
May I bring e liquid with small amount of nicotine into Australia?
Are E Cigarettes Legal in Australia? - State by State Vaping Laws

Don't forget your plug adapters.
61wVJ+jzORL._SX425_.jpg

Safe travels
I

Reassurance please @Doffy

Last edited:
  • Useful

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I am still somewhat concerned. Apparently, Queensland is the harshest when it comes to nicotine. I remember reading it is even illegal to POSSESS it there. I hope that’s incorrect. I tried, at considerable expense, calling various Australian government departments without getting a clear answer. I knew before now about the 0 nicotine rule for residents but, perhaps foolishly, that I could bring a small supply of my own. I read in some places that my interpretation of the law is correct but that customs officials don’t enforce it. It’s beginning to look like it might be a bit of a crap shoot. Thanks for the tip about the adapter though I was one step ahead of you. Thanks my friend!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I am still somewhat concerned. Apparently, Queensland is the harshest when it comes to nicotine. I remember reading it is even illegal to POSSESS it there. I hope that’s incorrect. I tried, at considerable expense, calling various Australian government departments without getting a clear answer. I knew before now about the 0 nicotine rule for residents but, perhaps foolishly, that I could bring a small supply of my own. I read in some places that my interpretation of the law is correct but that customs officials don’t enforce it. It’s beginning to look like it might be a bit of a crap shoot. Thanks for the tip about the adapter though I was one step ahead of you. Thanks my friend!
I get a "don't ask, don't tell" type feeling from all the conflicting information.
I might carry a well marked bottle or two of 0 nicotine juice, conspicuously, and my supply in an opaque "shampoo" bottle in the checked luggage. :angel:

It seems like 0 nicotine juice may be available in shops, but you would need to have concentrated nicotine with you to add.

IMO, when in doubt...resort to subterfuge. :shock::evil::headbang::nun:
YMMV.
I

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
This is the customs website Home

You can search for things like "nicotine" "eliquid" and you'll see nothing prohibited (try searching "dogs" or "firearms" or something you know will be banned or have conditions to see the difference)

Customs don't enforce State Law, just Federal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are really worried, bring some cheap ciagalikes you can part with without too much angst.

Seriously AUS is WAY more concerned with plant or animal material they WILL lock you up for that. It's an island where like the ecosystem is SEVERLY fragile, and before they figured that out, someone brought in rabbits. It was not good for the farmers. They finally engineered some "kill rabbit" virus that got rid of them, but then I think that caused something else BAD to happen.

When they say no plant or animal matter THEY mean it. If they find a wizened pack of grapes in the bottom of your purse that you forgot about, they will fine you and arrest you.

That's mostly the NUMBER one thing.
Anna

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
If you are really worried, bring some cheap ciagalikes you can part with without too much angst.

Seriously AUS is WAY more concerned with plant or animal material they WILL lock you up for that. It's an island where like the ecosystem is SEVERLY fragile, and before they figured that out, someone brought in rabbits. It was not good for the farmers. They finally engineered some "kill rabbit" virus that got rid of them, but then I think that caused something else BAD to happen.

When they say no plant or animal matter THEY mean it. If they find a wizened pack of grapes in the bottom of your purse that you forgot about, they will fine you and arrest you.

That's mostly the NUMBER one thing.
Anna
Yep

Happened with cane beetles, in sugar cane.
So, they brought in cane toads, to eat the beetles.
Nothing eats cane toads. Bogan humans lick cane toads to get high. So they spread.

YouTube is full of videos of ways to kill cane toads in a country that bans guns. Even though you can run over them in a car, and they just suck their guts back in, then carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread