Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I was changing the wicks on my wotofo bravo rta yesterday. Hoo boy did i almost wait too long. The wicks and coils were scary to look at, lol. After i cleaned everything up, primed the new wicks, i put the bubbleglass back in place and proceeded to attatch the assembly to the base. There must have been a tiny crack because after i tightened everything, a large crack appeared the whole length of the glass. Ive got spares but they are the smaller ones, only one larger capacity bubbleglass was included. Now im on the hunt for a replacement. I put in the spare without missng a beat, but i can sure empty the tank in a hurry now.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was changing the wicks on my wotofo bravo rta yesterday. Hoo boy did i almost wait too long. The wicks and coils were scary to look at, lol. After i cleaned everything up, primed the new wicks, i put the bubbleglass back in place and proceeded to attatch the assembly to the base. There must have been a tiny crack because after i tightened everything, a large crack appeared the whole length of the glass. Ive got spares but they are the smaller ones, only one larger capacity bubbleglass was included. Now im on the hunt for a replacement. I put in the spare without missng a beat, but i can sure empty the tank in a hurry now.
Original Iwodevape E-Cig Accessories Wotofo Bravo RTA 6ml Fat Glass Tube 3pcs - $4.18 Free Shipping | GearBest.com Mobile

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The larger capacity bubbleglass tanks do seem more likely to break. The only one I've used broke a short time after I used it. Might help to put a rubberized vape band around it to help protect it against direct impacts.

You have to be careful though, I have heard of people using vape bands that were too tight and they actually caused the glass to break. I wonder how much it would cost to get some tanks made out of bullet proof glass. :D

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
a large crack appeared the whole length of the glass
Don't feel alone about breaking the glass. I just finished replacing the glass again on my Kanger V5. This is the 3rd time (I think) I have replaced mine. Mine are attributed to me knocking it over or just flat dropping the mod.

I wonder how much it would cost to get some tanks made out of bullet proof glass
My thoughts exactly!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thanks for the reminder.
I've got about a six inch length of inch and a half stainless that (when I can get the shop time) I need to turn in to spare tanks.

If you have a shop and the tools necessary, it might be cool to turn it into caged glass tanks (glass with a protective steel cage surround with narrow slits). That way you get a lot more protection but can still see liquid levels.

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread