Broke my KTS. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Well, I'm finally fed up with my KTS (chinese GG). I broke the button and ordered 4 replacement switches. When they came in, I tried to replace the switch with the first one I pulled out of the box......I couldn't get it to screw in. So I pulled another out of the box and low and behold it went right in. I figured the one thqt didn't work was unconsequential due to the fact that I had another 2 that would (surely) work, and if it came down to it, I could just clean up threads that were probably just cut without much attention to quality control with a die.

Well, I broke the replacement button I was using. I went to replace the button, and none of the remaining replacements would screw in. Upon closer inspection, it's because the remaining THREE out of the original FOUR replacement buttons have LEFT HANDED THREADS!!!. Aggravation! I went back to the site I ordered them from, and they are out of stock, so even if they were willing to exchange them for buttons threaded in the standard direction, they don't have the stock to do so. I can't find a single left hand tap in town, and there isn't any real way to grab hold of the buttons to thread those in a smaller size to fit a new, custom hole I could put in the battery tube.

So now I'm sitting on a non working mod and a nicotine monkey on my back. I need a new mech mod (i only use rbas) or another feasable solution and quickly (no lead time). I don't want to buy another KTS after this crap happened. I use 18650 batteries exclusivly. I lead a rough and tumble life style, so I'd prefer a mod that can be repaired, or has a warranty. Any ideas?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Prime example of China's legendary quality control standards! :facepalm: A great mech that won't break the bank would be the Legacy from Puresmoker. Also Super-T just released the Simplicity line. Right now it just comes in 14500 batt size, but backed with a lifetime warranty. either of these are just under $100. Sometimes the old addage of you get what you pay for unfortunatly applies. Sorry for your luck.

Edit: Oops, just saw the part about using 18650's. I'd go with the legacy. Anything else I'd recommend you'd have to wait for, which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Prime example of China's legendary quality control standards! :facepalm: A great mech that won't break the bank would be the Legacy from Puresmoker. Also Super-T just released the Simplicity line. Right now it just comes in 14500 batt size, but backed with a lifetime warranty. either of these are just under $100. Sometimes the old addage of you get what you pay for unfortunatly applies. Sorry for your luck.

Edit: Oops, just saw the part about using 18650's. I'd go with the legacy. Anything else I'd recommend you'd have to wait for, which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

I'd second the Legacy. $88 and it just plain works. US made and supported on here by Puresmoker. Has accessories available such as a flat top, 18350 tube and a kick ring if you want more later. Also, they may be coming out with a different tube design.

It's either that or whatever the china mech everybody is using at that moment. You've been down that road though.

Last edited:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread