broken center pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiRi0093

Apr 20, 2021
Uh oh, that's not good. How did you determine you got counterfeit batts?
They sent me a safety email about the battery quality is not good & to throw it out and they give me a refund . Then I looked up on mooch about counterfeit batteries, his guide helped me out to determine the battery was fake.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    They sent me a safety email about the battery quality is not good & to throw it out and they give me a refund .

WOW, that's interesting. At least they alerted you and refunded your money. That's honest but it makes you question their reliability and their ability to source authentic batts. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: RiRi0093

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What ohms do you vape at?

Just stick with the 18650 batts in the 3rd column from left below ("high power 18650" column)

164ff016-f4d4-4cd9-bffa-5633214a61be-jpeg.889007

Last edited:
    Reactions: RiRi0093

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thanks, the ohms is between 0.03 to 0.45.

.03 is close to being a hard short... .00 is a hard short. There's no margin for error in this, which is likely why the mod isn't reading the atomizer... a regulated mod is designed so that it won't fire in a danger zone like that.

If your fluctuating between .03 and .45 on the same coil, there's something wrong with the coil or how its mounted.

Try replacing the coil with a new one, and make sure that it's mounted properly, you've screwed your leads in tightly and the coil isn't touching a metal surface (like the deck or the posts)

You might like an ohms reader to check your ohms levels... I have a coilmaster 521 mini tab and it works beautifully as a build deck and to check my ohms levels... I found mine on a sale for 8.99, but even regular price is only 20.00..

Here element vape has one in stock:
    Coil Master 521 Tab Mini V2

Smok as a brand doesn't have consistent quality control... so its not reliable enough to trust in its accuracy, but with that kind of a swing in ohms, and you being a new builder, it could very well be user error so it's good to try another coil just to see...

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    .03 is close to being a hard short... .00 is a hard short. There's no margin for error in this, which is likely why the mod isn't reading the atomizer... a regulated mod is designed so that it won't fire in a danger zone like that.

Opinionated is correct. That mod only fires down to 0.1 ohms (according to specs on Fasttech). Anything lower than 0.1 and it won't fire and likely give you an "atomizer short" message.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hello, just ordered the new batteries. there on their way soon. Also i use pre-made coils.

Do you wick it (add cotton) yourself? Or are you using a factory coil housing that you only press or screw in... ?

What is the name of your atomizer?

The reason I'm asking clarification is that you stated you were using an RDA atty and RDA stands for rebuildable dripping atomizer..

Last edited:

RiRi0093

Apr 20, 2021
    Do you wick it (add cotton) yourself? Or are you using a factory coil housing that you only press or screw in... ?

What is the name of your atomizer?

The reason I'm asking clarification is that you stated you were using an RDA atty and RDA stands for rebuildable dripping atomizer..
    Yes i wick it and i use the easy pre made coils that you push & screw on .

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yes i wick it and i use the easy pre made coils that you push & screw on .

Okay... are you sure your trapping the leads really well underneath the screws and that everything is really tight and the coil can't be pulled out?

Then, are you making sure your coil glows evenly from the inside out before wicking?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread