• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Broken Firebird bottom coil, check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
So, I have two brand new firebirds (phoenixes? phoenixii?) that I managed to drop and crack the tube. Well, being WAY too lazy to get out the crazy glue I decided to toy around with them. Hell, you could even do this if you just wanted a smaller phoenix. Here is what I came up with:

IMG_20120924_163312.jpg Individual components
IMG_20120924_164503.jpg Fully assembled

1) Remove drip tip and silicone seal around inner tube.
2) Remove inner tube
3) Mark and cut (I used a dremel) the outer tube to below the crack (if the crack is on the base, you can remove the tube from the coil and flip it around).
4) On the inner tube, there is a round metal ring that keeps the silicone seal in place. This metal ring is simply slip fitted to the tube, meaning it can be slid up and down the tube with a bit of force. Using something like a vise, set the tube so only the metal ring is touching the edges of the vice, then gently tap the tube with the rubber end of a screwdriver or something similar. The ideal is the slide that metal ring further down the tube. I didn't measure, but you'll need to work out the amount of room you'll need between the silicone seal and the end of the drip tip. It really doesn't matter if the drip tip touches the silicone.
6) Cut the metal tube aprox 3-4mm up from the metal ring.
7) clean, dry, reassemble.

Congrats, you just made a mini-phoenix. I've used this on my regular 510 batt (yeah, the vape sucks, but..), and I'll probably use it on my ego mini when it shows up. Same great vape, just a smaller size. For the record, I cut this tube down about 1/2 way, and it still held roughly 0.5ml, about the same as my boges.

(ps, yes, I could have just thrown it away, but I'm REALLY cheap. I'm still using a 2 month old phoenix that tastes as great as the day I opened it.)

Attachments

• IMG_20120924_170816.jpg
    IMG_20120924_170816.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread