Broken Kanger Protank mouth piece....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody else. Just got a Kanger Protank about a week ago and have been loving it until just this afternoon. I noticed a film of juice on the outside of my tank. I thought I had just maybe spilled some juice or I was leaking internally and some juice was coming out the actual mouth hole. As I was wiping off the tank, the mouth piece popped right off. I had Key Lime juice in at the time for the good part of the day. Could flavors be killing protanks as well?!?! Or, did I just get a bad tank? Photo05151403.jpg :(

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody else. Just got a Kanger Protank about a week ago and have been loving it until just this afternoon. I noticed a film of juice on the outside of my tank. I thought I had just maybe spilled some juice or I was leaking internally and some juice was coming out the actual mouth hole. As I was wiping off the tank, the mouth piece popped right off. I had Key Lime juice in at the time for the good part of the day. Could flavors be killing protanks as well?!?! Or, did I just get a bad tank? View attachment 210114 :(

My hope is this is just a random bad tank (fingers crossed). I had actually ordered a back up the other day, but it won't be here till the end of the week (anxious, indeed with USPS tracking page bookmarked).

UPDATE: my props to the folks at MyFreedomSmokes.com. I called up the customer service line and the rep already put a replacement tank in the mail with the instruction that I would mail back the defective one (was actually going to look into re-gluing it myself), but a replacement is just fine as well. Overall, my week with the Protank has been a nice upgrade from my Kanger T3 clearos, which seemed to only work for me for about 3 days before the gurgling noises started up.

Okay, if there are any folks at Kanger who just might stumble upon this thread....make the bottom piece and the mouth piece screw on...I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for that modification...

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
It's nearly impossible to cut threads in Pyrex. Otherwise we'd have screw on glass tanks
They could probably glue a metal ring that is threaded at the top and bottom to meet that need, but it may make the whole tank much taller or the tank smaller to keep it from being too tall.

wyllic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
They could probably glue a metal ring that is threaded at the top and bottom to meet that need, but it may make the whole tank much taller or the tank smaller to keep it from being too tall.

I'm sure they'll come out with something awesome. The problem is you're gluing metal and glass together with that idea still. And therein lies the problem. Also, Chinese quality control for mass produced items is notoriously bad, so you'll always have lots of failures. Thankfully it's cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread