Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
http://www.richmond.com/business/lo...cle_4bf5caa8-0514-5936-87e3-e88f20d2c814.html

" “We have already benefited in various ways from this investment in Avail,” said Jody Begley, president of Altria’s product development subsidiary, Nu Mark LLC.

Through their retail stores, we have learned a great deal about educating adult tobacco consumers about new products,” he said about Avail. "

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. Altria could help Avail get PMTAs approved for their e-liquids, or they could be just doing market research to improve their own products.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's interesting. I guess having BT on board could be... something, but I guarantee that yes, they will be learning, and then pushing their own products quite heavily. Hopefully some of the original store will remain, in which case I suppose it could be a good thing.

I do (not trust the tobacco companies) and find it a bit creepy that they're buying into vape stores, honestly.

Anna

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It's a free country. If the tobacco companies want to sell vape stuff it's their call. A vape rig branded Camel or Maroboro that was also competent would sell like crazy and probably help the cause of getting smokers to switch which most of us say we want to happen. It doesn't effect me personally but then nothing the vape business does matters much for me any more for years to come. I mix and rebuild and like my hardware and don't need or want anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread