Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I saw it again - anyone else see it?

During the past two weeks - at about 2 or 3 am I have seen commercials from BT talking about the risks associated with smoking.

It goes pretty fast but at the bottom of the commercial, the disclaimer basically said that they were legally ordered to do so.

Very early this morning on TV I saw something from "The Truth" and they were calling out BT for all their lies.

I could not find the exact ad I saw from The Truth but check this out from them shaming BT with a country song..... The wording was similar

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I saw it again - anyone else see it?

During the past two weeks - at about 2 or 3 am I have seen commercials from BT talking about the risks associated with smoking.

It goes pretty fast but at the bottom of the commercial, the disclaimer basically said that they were legally ordered to do so.

Very early this morning on TV I saw something from "The Truth" and they were calling out BT for all their lies.

I could not find the exact ad I saw from The Truth but check this out from them shaming BT with a country song..... The wording was similar

I do not even have to watch the video. You don't always die from tobacco sometimes you just lose all alone. You don't always die from tobacco.

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I do not even have to watch the video. You don't always die from tobacco sometimes you just lose all alone. You don't always die from tobacco.
:) I agree. My grandmother smoked pall malls and lived to 100. She died from a fall not tobacco.

I thought the video from the truth above was hysterical!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Huh. So glad I don't watch late night tv but thanks for posting it.

I'm a bit confused, didn't they do the big apology mea culpa fund the "quit lines" like, a while ago?

Anna
Yes - they were ordered to some time ago --I guess the videos are just now running - saw part of it twice. I guess the agreement says it must run on TV but not at what time....lol

Then I saw another ad from The Truth which I liked better since it calls BT out.

What I really got a kick out of was The Truth's video above slamming BT :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread