The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

build your own GG kit....

Discussion in 'The GG' started by grimmer255, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. grimmer255

grimmer255 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Hey Imeo I was just thinking that since Rob is now selling buttons... maybe you can sell the many different size caps and different size tubes as well. Along with different types of attie connections.

So people can build there own GG to meet there specs and battery needs. Like a nano that only fits a cr123 that has a 510 attie connection with wider caps and the original GGT button... or a GG grant that only fits the 14500 battery snugly with a 510 attie connection with wider caps and the new GGTS button..... the list could be endless...

I mean wow this could really help people buy what they need when they can. Like a tube one week then the caps another... and finally the attie connection and button the third week. And they can build it the way they like it.

I enjoy building things and to be able to put together an entire GG from the posts and springs to the caps and button.... would be so awesome.

Just a thought............:)

2. boomboom

boomboom Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Sounds like a GGT, with a few more options as far as caps and buttons. Maybe making smaller diameter tubes as well for custom battery configurations.

Not a bad idea, but would be a nightmare for a newbie trying to put together all the bits and pieces.

3. grimmer255

with some good instructions anything can be put together.:)

4. grimmer255

actually it wouldn't be like a ggt because the size of the tubes and caps would be different for each battery. The GGT had one width size with 2 extra sleeves to make up the different batteries... but its in one width.

With this idea any one could make a GG that met there specific needs. Or if they wanted they could make many kinds of GG's. :)

It would be like having your own custom made GG... :)

5. wood_510

wood_510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Georgia(US)
    not a bad idea Grimmer!!

6. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes, not a bad idea friend but it needs a lot of thought about the length of the sleeves. I will tink about it because I like it:):):)

7. sob80sup81

sob80sup81 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2009
    Indonesia
    Maybe some different design of buttons, caps, and such to pimp our GG? I believe people would be interested to have a different look GG from the others not only by their serials?

8. Stormynights

Stormynights Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    I remember someone that was asking for sleeves.

9. grimmer255

I'm so happy you like the idea... I hope it can work. Me personally I would love a Mini Nano to fit only my cr123 3.7v. And be able to give the mini nano a make over at any time with diffrent caps and buttons... or even switch out the attie threads for any attie... that would be awesome So if I wanted to use my AFS I just take out my 510 attie thread put in the 901 threads and Im good to go... I mean the options can be unlimited.... you can even go as far as making different tube designs like an octagon shaped tube, a square, or a rounding off triangle... even the caps as well.... totally custom GG's...:)

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas

I dont remember anyone Stormy, maybe I am a little tired:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

11. Stormynights

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    ok, I remember now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    I thought there was some talk about a sleeve to accommodate 2 of the big 18650 batteries, for crazy people like me (I need the exercise, because I'm getting flabby). :D

Oh, and MY GGTS IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!

14. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    Two 18650s that would be one kick arsh 7.4v mod there. Wonder if there is a way to resister it down to around 4.5v? hmmm.... It would look like a Mag Light though. You could always just buy another TS and piece one together. Like emonty did.

I agree that pieces and parts would be pretty cool to buy especially if you were to damage a part of your GG. Cross threading a cap could be the end of your GG. If parts were available it would be nice. Or maybe even just different color tubes.... like a brass sleeve or extra cap would be nice to throw on for a night out and keep at home while at work. I could definitely see a market for these parts imeo. The question is can you make enough extra parts to supply the demand?

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas

I can make a sleeve for 2x18650 in brass and silver too, its a very nice idea Vapn:)

16. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    How about a diamond studded one? To match my Rolex watch..... ahhaha....

17. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    Also doubles as a self-defense weapon! You could fend off muggers with it. When the wife makes you go "see what that noise is" in the middle of the night, you grab your GG-Club instead of the baseball bat or the pistol. :lol:

18. Stormynights

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    How brilliant of Vapn to come up with that idea. A woman would never think of anything that smart. :grr::grr::grr:

19. wood_510

wood_510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Georgia(US)

Hmmmm... Stormy, I will refrain from any comments on this one.. :D:D:D

20. Mist_Of_Joye

Mist_Of_Joye Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2009
    Beirut-Lebanon
    a sleeve for 2x18650 ? Does it come with a handle like this one?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.