Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
How brilliant of Vapn to come up with that idea. A woman would never think of anything that smart. :grr::grr::grr:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Stormy, this idea was yours of course but the people were not ready to accept it. I think now its time to do it for all crazy people out there including you , Vapn, me and some others:D:D:D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
a sleeve for 2x18650 ? Does it come with a handle like this one?

D010%284615F%29-canne-marche-derby-motif-fleurs-rouges.jpg

my grandfather needs this Mist!!!

I need it too for my back:D:D:D

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
I was thinking of a new smaller GG (Maybe a little fatter not sure) that would take up to 4 AAA batteries.

Options available:

A- 3* AAA (4.5V)
B- 4* AAA (6V)
C- 1* 10440 (3.7V)
D- 2* 10440 (7.2V)

Of course, we can extend options up to 3 and even 4 * 10440, and with mega high voltage Imeo atomizers, the vape quality and the battery life would be tremendously improved.

How?

With this kind of battery adapter/cartridge!

59644087.jpg

47191342.jpg

71494382.jpg

This cartridge is exactly 21 * 52 millimeters. It takes 3*AAA or 10440 batteries.

I can clearly see that its size can still be reduced a little for those 3 AAA or its current configuration re-adapted to take 4* AAA batteries.

If you can just reduce it a little to fit the GGTS or the GGT Imeo, you would have then created the first small size AAA battery mod...And a 4.5Volts one at the same time!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Mist, your idea had come to my mind months ago and the reason that I reject it is that I have to make a 3mm fatter GGTS. Imagine that Grant was 20mm and GGT was 23 and the difference was big enough. If I make a 26mm GGTS it would be very fat and ungly and noone will buy it.

What we can do is to make an 21-22mm fat cig that can take 3AAA batteries but without sections or telescope on it. It could be used only in this configuration only:)

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
Mist, your idea had come to my mind months ago and the reason that I reject it is that I have to make a 3mm fatter GGTS. Imagine that Grant was 20mm and GGT was 23 and the difference was big enough. If I make a 26mm GGTS it would be very fat and ungly and noone will buy it.

What we can do is to make an 21-22mm fat cig that can take 3AAA batteries but without sections or telescope on it. It could be used only in this configuration only:)

Can't you make the cartridge a little thinner? Because I'm looking at it now, and I'm seing enough space for few millimeters less.

Anyway, let's suppose that we have a little fatter GG.

Supposing it works on 3 batteries only, we can have with that at least 3 interesting configurations: 4.5V - 3.7V - 7.2V

Add to it that you can make a 9V Imeoatomizer especially for it :D

Plus, You wouldn't need a spring on the bottom cap since the batteries are protected inside the cartridges by separate springs. Which means that the GGTS can be minimal in its length.

Plus I just noticed that a 3.7 V 14500 fits, if you want to bypass the cartridge. So I'm using it now on the flashlight:D

There are also two other alternatives with this idea:

1- You can just try to make the cartridge in a thin mode that fits the GGTS, AS A NEW OPTION FOR THE GGTS

2- If there is definitely no way to re-invent this cartridge in a thinner mode, you can make a new cartridge that takes 2 * 10440, as an option for the GGTS. That would make the GGTS capable of 7.2v WITH PROTECTED BATTERIES, in a mode MUCH smaller than with either CR2s or CR123A.

THAT'S A PRETTY COOL OPTION. :p

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'm trying to figure out why 4 AAA's would be better than one 18650...

Its not better at all Quas, I think Mist said that because you will be able to buy batteries from the small shop near your house. These batteries are everywhere. But if you always have batteries with you then no reason for this.:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hey imeo I just got your new ggts button ($14.00 is a nice deal) is awesome the tension is perfect.... and the look is to cool with the rounded off top and the diamond cut lock piece is awesome. well done... :)

Thanks a lot my good friend Grimmer:):)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Ok Mist, lets see one by one your proposals:

4,5 volt is an option that we dont need it anymore because of the HV atomizers, thats one of the reasons I made them

We dont need a spring either on GGTS because we have the fuse now

As for the new option for GGTS:
1) We need useful options, not just options right?

2) As for a smaller option for GGTS now we agree. But I dont want to put parts on GGTS that they can fail like those catridges. They will get corrupt soon and there is not an easy way to clean them. But I think that we dont need a catridge. Maybe we can put inside GGTS 2xAAA as it is now. Maybe we will need a fatter GGTS about 1mm. I will check it and I will tell you buddy

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
OK good points Imeo.

About the 2 AAA, the GGTS needs definitely at least 1 or 2 more millimeters.

On the other hand, I still have not tried the high voltage atomizers yet, so I want to ask you a theoretical question here: What if, just what if, we suppose that we manage to squeeze 3 * 10440 in a GG, with a 9V, high voltage atomizer (Which by the way, has a big chance to sell well, since it also works on 9V battery mods)

Those 10440 are rated now at something like 600 MaH and are now protected. But with a super high voltage atomizers, wouldn't they last longer than the usual CR123A ? And wouldn't the quality of vaping improve too?

Sure it's a little fatter device, but it also is a much smaller one, and it could provide you, not only with 3.7V, 4,5V, 7.2V but also with 9V.

That's more than any other mod so far, in matter of voltage versatility. (The GGTS excels in battery size versatility, this one could excel in voltage versatility and could suit all kind of users and all kind of atomizers)

And with a little ingenuity, you could switch the voltage mechanically with a "click" without even opening the tube.

Don't you think it's worth looking at it from this angle?

By the way, with such project, the AFS would be fatter too...that's maybe 5ml!!:D

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
OK good points Imeo.

About the 2 AAA, the GGTS needs definitely at least 1 or 2 more millimeters.

On the other hand, I still have not tried the high voltage atomizers yet, so I want to ask you a theoretical question here: What if, just what if, we suppose that we manage to squeeze 3 * 10440 in a GG, with a 9V, high voltage atomizer (Which by the way, has a big chance to sell well, since it also works on 9V battery mods)

Those 10440 are rated now at something like 600 MaH and are now protected. But with a super high voltage atomizers, wouldn't they last longer than the usual CR123A ? And wouldn't the quality of vaping improve too?

Sure it's a little fatter device, but it also is a much smaller one, and it could provide you, not only with 3.7V, 4,5V, 7.2V but also with 9V.

That's more than any other mod so far, in matter of voltage versatility. (The GGTS excels in battery size versatility, this one could excel in voltage versatility and could suit all kind of users and all kind of atomizers)

And with a little ingenuity, you could switch the voltage mechanically with a "click" without even opening the tube.

Don't you think it's worth looking at it from this angle?

By the way, with such project, the AFS would be fatter too...that's maybe 5ml!!:D

First of all I thought again the last point for a smaller GGTS with tyhose batteries but those batteries are in parallel as I see it so we will have again a 3,7 volt GG and bigger and fatter than a GG with a 1xcr123A or even smaller with 1xcr2 battery. So maybe this option is useless. We have to put batteries in series but side by side. Its not an easy issue because we will fill GG with manyn things without a reason.

If we suppose that we do it, then they will last the same as cr123A batteries at 6 or 7,2 volts with i6 or i7.

I was the first again with an e-cig with voltage versatility when I made Grant (3,7 and 6 volts too) and then first again when I made the HV atomizers for the 7,2 vaping experience. Now, if someone wants to go higher its easy because I open the road but maybe its useless because 7,2 volts with i6 is more than a real cig (if you agree with me).

As for a mechanically switch that can adjust the voltage, I have already ask some stores months agao but there is nothing so small and strong too to do it. But even if I can make one, it would have had 2 disadvantages:

1) heat inside GG because of the resistance of this regulator
2) Loss of power on this resistance. We make mods for more power, we cant spend it without a serious reason.

ps....... New AFS is already 6 ml friend:D:D

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
Hahaha....lol at the AFS...My bad :D

Good post again. Now we're discussing on the same wave.

But my idea is that after putting them in series (mine is in series by the way), we don't use neither a regulator nor a resistance.

We keep the voltage as it is.

But,

We place a ring on top of the cartridge, and this ring can be switched to 4 mechanical positions.

Each time you turn that ring on a position, the connectors touch each others in a different configuration.

Like a Chinese puzzle, without any electronic component, just by physical touch, we can then have 4 different configurations of the connection, depending on where you turn the ring.

First configuration: By turning the ring, the connectors on the ring touch the top of the cartridge in a combination that activates only 1 battery.

Second combination: By turning the ring again, the connectors on the ring touch the top of the cartridge in a combination that activates only 2 batteries in series.

Third combination: By turning the ring again, the connectors on the ring touch the top of the cartridge in a combination that activates the 3 batteries in series.

A fourth combination could also be disposed as an "off" feature.

Something like that...Of course I'm not an expert but just trying to think loudly :D

And then yes...Why not an I9 :p

PS: If you need a regulator some day, without heat and with or without resistance, try the ones over here: Cutter Electronics

They have the merit to prevent short circuits too, by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread