Building a Wood Vape Station - Need Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
So I'm a carpenter and new to vaping. Already I can see that I need to build a vape station to keep everything nice and organized. So I'm in the planning stage trying to visualize the design and need ideas. My initial plan is to use wood and primarily different drill bits at different tiered heights.

If anyone has made there own custom wood vape station, Please post pics. That would be so helpful!

Beyond that I need to make a list of what will go in it. I'm also planning for 2 people since I plan to convert my wife off analogs once she sees this works.

So here is my list of items to go in the station:
- 4 Kgo size batteries
- 2 Charger spots
- 20 Juice spots
- 10 Stardust size spots
- Room for assorted holes for 306 atty, ect. I can drill in later

Overall I need ideas so please feel free to share. Once I complete this I will post pics and be glad to share how I made it.

- Boda

Last edited:

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
So early ideas.

Thinking of taking 3 2x4's and staggering them up 3 tiers. Then using plywood sides to hold them in elevation. Kind of like a set of mini stairs.

Underneath I could hide a power strip for the chargers that would come out in the top tier, with 4 holes to hold the batteries.

Last edited:

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
im no carpenter, but ive been brainstorming something similar, something to house my DCTs and cartos that i can drop them into and they can sit securely in on my desk. right now they are just rolling around in my toolbox and various other places

i like the 3 tier idea and the hidden power strip, something that could rotate would be good as well

im also trying to figure out something to keep my vtube securely upright when im in the car or sitting in my recliner as ive had 3 mishaps today alone, 1 breaking my drip tip and bending the crap out of my tank carto (havent cracked the tank yet, its a tough booger). im thinking a small piece of a 4x4 with a hole in the middle, but i need a lathe to make it look better

Last edited:

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
In the event you advance to a mod of some kind holes for appropriate sizes for them. I use a few small hand tools like needle nose, dental pick, side cutters and other consumables like q-tips and toothpicks. Maybe storage for drip tips and spare juice bottles/droppers and possibly used/cleaned attys and or cartos.

Wickedwench

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2012
Toledo
I've vaped since last August; analog free since 09/11/11, and my best advice would be to keep as free-form as possible for as long as you can stand it. Use a tackle or tool box.
I started with 510s, both auto and manual, then parts to use tanks on them. Ego-T, additional batteries for it, extra attys, carts, chargers, etc. Cartomizers, clearomizers, and tanks, oh my! I just tried an 18650 mod. Cheap, but being retired with the additional 2 batteries and charger. Don't forget all the tools to clean all of the above. Heck, 20 bottles of liquid sounds right, but there are no real bottle size standards all the suppliers agreed to.
My father used to have a sign that detailed why he needed seven different hammers; to be sure he had the right tool for the job.
Buy your significant other a cheap cosmetic case, get yourself a tool box, and design a place to rest your currently loaded hardware, a backup liquid feeder, 2 bottles and some tissues. Less work in the long run.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
decided to go about crafting a stand for my tanks/cartos and this is what resulted, me being jack of no trades I used a drill and some spade bits with a 19/64 drill bit for the center holes for the 510 posts. its REALLY rough, but this is it lol

designed to fit 3 large tanks, 3 small tanks and 4 cartos at the moment, it looks horrible, but i think something like this has some potential
CIMG0910.jpg

this is what i made to hold my VTube, not much to it, just a bed post top from Home Depot with a 1" spade bit hole through (almost) the center
CIMG0911.jpg

ill add this, not that its a valid excuse or anything, but it might explain it looking rough... I had to borrow the neighbors drill (mine decided to grow legs and wander off) and it has 2 speeds, on and off, and its probably 30 years old so there was absolutely 0 precision

Last edited:

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
im also trying to figure out something to keep my vtube securely upright when im in the car or sitting in my recliner

Ive come up with a solution for a stand while at home.

I went to Hobby Lobby and got 2 round wood disks that look like thick coasters. There about 1" or so thick. I would call them a "roset" in the trades, what you would see capping off wood railings when it hits a wall.

The were $0.50 each. I mean crap I got 2, one for me and one for the wife for a buck. I plan on drilling a hole in the center the same size as my Kgo and then probably finishing the wood since its raw. Staining and clear coating or something to make it look nice.

As far as the car, I recall reading a suggestion in another thread where someone used one of those Smokeless ashtray cup things you can get at Wal-mart for like 5 bucks. Put some beads, polished stones, or Glow in the Dark BB's so you can see it at night! The PV just nestles in there.

I may go that route for the car but I'm still thinking of ideas, probably related to the cup holder I used to keep my smokes in.

- Good luck!

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Ive come up with a solution for a stand while at home.

I went to Hobby Lobby and got 2 round wood disks that look like thick coasters. There about 1" or so thick. I would call them a "roset" in the trades, what you would see capping off wood railings when it hits a wall.

The were $0.50 each. I mean crap I got 2, one for me and one for the wife for a buck. I plan on drilling a hole in the center the same size as my Kgo and then probably finishing the wood since its raw. Staining and clear coating or something to make it look nice.

As far as the car, I recall reading a suggestion in another thread where someone used one of those Smokeless ashtray cup things you can get at Wal-mart for like 5 bucks. Put some beads, polished stones, or Glow in the Dark BB's so you can see it at night! The PV just nestles in there.

I may go that route for the car but I'm still thinking of ideas, probably related to the cup holder I used to keep my smokes in.

- Good luck!

the one i came up with should work for my car cup holder as well (im hoping) the bottom is about the same diameter as a soda can and its bottom heavy because of the shape, but if it doesnt work, im going to make a foam lined cup with some charcoal foam im going to order to custom line a case for my VTube and accessories

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
decided to go about crafting a stand for my tanks/cartos and this is what resulted, me being jack of no trades I used a drill and some spade bits with a 19/64 drill bit for the center holes for the 510 posts. its REALLY rough, but this is it lol

designed to fit 3 large tanks, 3 small tanks and 4 cartos at the moment, it looks horrible, but i think something like this has some potential
View attachment 95927

If you use a regular drill bit, you will have less tear in the wood that Spade bits often produce. If you need to make a bigger hole than the biggest drill bit can fit into a drill, then try a Hole Saw attachment. It will give you a cleaner cut.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
the one i came up with should work for my car cup holder as well (im hoping) the bottom is about the same diameter as a soda can and its bottom heavy because of the shapes

Yeah I just finished reading further down in the thread. That bed post top is a good idea. How much did that cost?

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
If you are looking for cheap wood - drive by a construction site - they are always throwing scraps away and you would be surprised what you might see - Oak, Hickory, and of course a lot of good Pine... A lot of Pallets are also made out of good wood and you can usually pick them up out of dumpsters or buy em cheap if you do not mind rough wood. I have some Mahogany, Oak, and Hickory I got from pallets...

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Yeah I just finished reading further down in the thread. That bed post top is a good idea. How much did that cost?

About $5.50ish, not expensive at all, and it works fantastic in the car, with its weightier bottom plus the device being bottom heavy it was solid

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
If you use a regular drill bit, you will have less tear in the wood that Spade bits often produce. If you need to make a bigger hole than the biggest drill bit can fit into a drill, then try a Hole Saw attachment. It will give you a cleaner cut.

Wouldn't a holesaw go all the way through without leaving a spot for the tanks to sit?

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
Wouldn't a holesaw go all the way through without leaving a spot for the tanks to sit?

You're right it wont work for the tank spots. I suppose a sharp spade bit is the best way to go for larger holes that you do not want to have pass through. The only other option would be to start the hole with a regular drill bit or spade bit smaller than the diameter of the final hole and use a jig saw. But that would take a lot of time and jig saws tend to wander.

For some reason I can't remove this picture lol.

Attachments

• drill.jpg
    drill.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread