Building on the Berserker 24mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I'm very interested in knowing how others build on the Berserker 24mm to give me ideas on how I can build on it myself. What gauge wire, material of the wire, mm of the inside diameter, how many wraps and wattage. Do you wrap the wire around the screw to the back or not, how high do you make the coil above the deck etc. So far I have been using 28g kanthal and been making my coils 3mm contact. I tried 6 wraps and also 8 wraps at 12w (I use 24mg juice, 50/50). When I did the 6 wrap I definitely noticed more heat than flavor compared to the 8 wrap although with the 8 wrap I would hear a sizzle after some hits and don't know why.

I would love to hear tips and tricks to get the best vape from this rta. I know that it's a very popular and common rta for mtl vapers but I have not yet found what works for me. Obviously a lot of this comes down to personal preference too but like I said I have yet to find my niche with this Berserker. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm very interested in knowing how others build on the Berserker 24mm to give me ideas on how I can build on it myself.

I mostly use these prewound coils from FastTech in mine:

$3.49 E-XY 316L Stainless Steel Pre-coiled Coil (100-Pack) - 28 AWG / 0.32mm dia. / 1.3ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I first adjust the prewound coil so that the 2 legs extend in opposite directions and also adjust it so the wraps are very slightly spaced. Then I use a small screwdriver through the coil and position it so it's centered over the air hole. I install the coil by placing 1 leg between the screw head and the post edge, then pull the leg to the right, across the front (under the screw head), and bend it around the little notch. Hold the leg end there as I tighten the screw with another screwdriver. Then pull the leg back out of the little notch and snip it as close as possible at the place it extends from under the screw head. Turn the deck around and do the same for the other leg. I raise the coil so it's about 1.5-2mm above the air hole on the deck and remove the screwdriver from it. I wick it with rayon and trim the tails so they just barely touch the bottom of the juice wells. I prime the wick/coil really well with my eliquid and pulse it a few times before putting the tank section and deck back together. (I always bottomfill my Berserkers.)

I'm a definite Tootle Puffer. With the 1.3ohm coil I vape at only 3.0-3.2V (6.9-7.8W). I like 3.0V the most though. Gives me a nice, flavorful and smooth vape, that's warm, but definitely not hot.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I pretty much just wind the coil and go with what ever it turns out to be.
Ive tried 26ga through to 32ga with internal diameter from 1.5 through to 3mm. Some claptons also. Coils have been between 0.4ohm and about 3ohm.
Ive tried rayon and cotton and quite a few different brands of cotton, I prefer the taste of a couple of the cottons over the rest. Ive tried the usual wire types and gauges, I prefer kanthal and just recently started to prefer thinner gauge wires wound with spaces rather than contact coils.
At the end of that and where Im at with it today, I have one beserker set up with a 28ga 1.12ohm/2.5ID coil and candy cotton, another set up with a 30ga 1.89ohm/2.5mm coil with Muji and another berserker set up with a 32ga 2.89hm coil I took out of the coil head of a T18coil.
They all vape good but Im preferring the two higher ohm coils at low watts, 4.6w for the 32ga 2.89ohm.
Ive only been using the berserkers for about 6-7months but in that time I havnt been able to build and wick a coil that is all that bad that I had to ditch it and start again. Everytime I think I mightve done a sloppy job and it may affect the vape quality its turned out perfectly good.
I generally keep the coil pretty low to the airflow hole, at least I try to. Other than that it seems to be the berskers are least fussy RTA's I have as far as wicking goes and Ive found that if I do get a less than satisfactory vape because of my bad wicking its simply a matter of just adjusting the existing wick either by tamping down into the well or lifting it slightly.
Other rta's I have are pretty fussy about wicking and seem to only function well if the wicks are done a certain way.
I think for 28ga I prefer a coil around 1.3ohm w/2.5id but I think I prefer 30-32ga kanthal for my coils.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Right now I'm using ... 30 gauge 316L stainless steel,1.3 ohm,9 or 10 wraps (spaced) around a 2.2mm nail.I set the coil as low as I can to the air pipe.

I wick with scheido cotton rolled fairly tight and pulled through the coil trimmed to about where the bottom "0"ring is.I fluff up the ends as much as possible then stuff them into the juice wells.I then juice up the cotton, put it all together.

I vape this on my Pico(75w) in temp mode @ 6.5 watts,400 degrees F.
It produces a nice cool vape and can be chain vaped all day long.

The Berserker has become my favorite atomizer thus far,no leaks and seeps and it just plain WORKS ...
for me...:)

Good Luck with yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread