Built my first completely DIY mod over the weekend. i think it turned out decent for a first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided I wanted a quick and dirty backup in case something bad happened while I'm modding the Vamo. This was the result:
photo (2).jpg
I always did like copper.

Vapes really well on a single 18350

image.jpg

Unfortunately no build pics, was kinda in the zone. Might break it down to upload a few on the internals. Its pretty standard though. 3/4" Pipe with caps. 510 connector press fit into one end cap. vent hole and flashlight spring in other end cap. Made a wooden plug with a bolt in it for the insulator and + connection. Whole body is -. then just a push switch from the other end of the bolt going to + on 510.
Thanks for the encouragement though.

Bud Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Dallas
Unfortunately no build pics, was kinda in the zone. Might break it down to upload a few on the internals. Its pretty standard though. 3/4" Pipe with caps. 510 connector press fit into one end cap. vent hole and flashlight spring in other end cap. Made a wooden plug with a bolt in it for the insulator and + connection. Whole body is -. then just a push switch from the other end of the bolt going to + on 510.
Thanks for the encouragement though.

Excellent descrption I can see it in my head and hope you dont mind if I "borrow" your idea and make one for myself LOL love it!

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
I had this exact same idea because you can get all the parts at the hardware store, except I was going to do it to build a passthru, and wire it to a vv ac/dc adapter. I'm pretty electriclly challenged, but could you elaborate on your switch wiring, and I don't understand the whole wood plug bolt thing, could you explain in idiot english as it's the only language I can speak.....and I didn't become fluent till high school.

It looks really nice, how does it vape.
Decided I wanted a quick and dirty backup in case something bad happened while I'm modding the Vamo. This was the result:
View attachment 194342
I always did like copper.

View attachment 194346

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Almost identical to one of the first mods I built.

Why only an 18350?

Mine uses an 18650.

TPC_small.JPG

Never had a reason to use a screw or some other fastening system on the bottom cap, press fit works just fine.

Just built an 26650 one the other day. That one has a lever/snap action switch under the fire button and an eGo connector.

@ wtfguy

Here's an early diagram from 'The Chuck' guy.

fogLog-small.JPG

I didn't use the 'pos terminal retainer', just epoxied the plate (which can be anything non conductive) into position.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hey willy I'm new to mod building,and electronics, so do you just run 1 wire from your brass screw to your switch and then from the switch to the adapter? there's no negative wire. does the negative just go into the body of the device up to the adapter. also what would you have to do if you wanted to put a kick in this.
Almost identical to one of the first mods I built.

Why only an 18350?

Mine uses an 18650.

TPC_small.JPG

Never had a reason to use a screw or some other fastening system on the bottom cap, press fit works just fine.

Just built an 26650 one the other day. That one has a lever/snap action switch under the fire button and an eGo connector.

@ wtfguy

Here's an early diagram from 'The Chuck' guy.

fogLog-small.JPG

I didn't use the 'pos terminal retainer', just epoxied the plate (which can be anything non conductive) into position.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Hey willy I'm new to mod building,and electronics, so do you just run 1 wire from your brass screw to your switch and then from the switch to the adapter? there's no negative wire. does the negative just go into the body of the device up to the adapter.

That is correct, drill the hole in the top cap properly and go for a nice tight press fit.

Ok, I know someone wanted build pics. Still don't have them, but I do have more detailed pics. The pipe brand I used when I built this was definitely a loose fit with the caps, which is why i threaded a hole and put in the lower cap retaining screw. I intentionally flared the top end of the pipe so the top cap is holding on for dear life and will not come off without marring the copper, which I'm not gonna do... so no full internal pics. As for why I went for an 18350, its the only protected battery size I had on hand and I was going for cheap and dirty.

Here are the further pics I have available:

image.jpg image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image (3).jpg image (4).jpg

mimmerfy

Mar 3, 2011
ohio
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread