Bulli , genesis,RDA .Which rebuildable is more lika a cartomizer or regular atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I agree w Trench... All too many times do I see folks posting something along the lines of "just got my 1st rba, and I'm not happy, for this reason or that".
I dont know your particular situation, but I do know this, nobody is going to receive their 1st rba and set it up and get a great experience right off the bat. Now to be fair there will be 1 in a hundred who will get lucky and make it work straight away, but the majority are going to have to go thru the learning curve. FTR, this is quite involved. I'm a very handy guy with lots of tools and many years experience tinkering w diff things and it took me at least 2 weeks b4 I could successfully roll and coil to what I was intending to accompolish. Once I achieved that moment of clarity it truly became a game changer. So point is stick w it, and be patient. Watch the 10 diff videos including videos about other RBAs that you dont own, such as Scubabatdans horseshoe shaped wick. Just because that shape wick isnt what you are going to use, he has some great tricks that can be applied to any mesh rolling device. That particular video was instrumental in getting me to that "oh yea" moment.
I would recommend that you master the device you currently have, because once you do you will have the ability to manipulate it to your specific needs, and you may find that you dont need a diff device at all.
Good luck.

medman1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Tampa
I have a Line and have a good coil,good wicking.I use a pg liquid so vapor is not so good.I am not happy with the flavor or the airy draw.My liquids taste much better in a carto.In the line everything tastes fruity.They are not fruit flavored liquids.It seems like a rda or bulli would me more similar to an atty or carto because of the way the coil is around the wick,but then again the ss wick is just a means to get the liquid to the coil so I am not sure.I guess I am just used to the carto taste.I must be used to it?
The fruity was the prior liquid.I just didn't clean it well enough. :)

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have a Line and have a good coil,good wicking.I use a pg liquid so vapor is not so good.I am not happy with the flavor or the airy draw.My liquids taste much better in a carto.In the line everything tastes fruity.They are not fruit flavored liquids.It seems like a rda or bulli would me more similar to an atty or carto because of the way the coil is around the wick,but then again the ss wick is just a means to get the liquid to the coil so I am not sure.

There is a big difference between using SS in a line and using Silica in an Ody. I personally like the ODY system better. You can use cotton or other materials in your line, which would yield different results.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I vote for the Ody too. I'm running mine with cotton wick and 2.0 ohm coil at 4.5-5.0v depending on my mood. They seem crazy expensive at first, but once you get one you'll realize a few things. They are built better than most things you will find. After the initial cost you'll have an unlimited supply of attys for the rest of your vaping life for next to nothing. You can tweak it just about any way you'd like, LR to HR, wicks of silica, fiberglass, cotton, SS mesh.... You can adjust the draw quite a bit depending on how you put it together, regardless of the mod it's on. You can adjust the flow of juice to match your voltage, style of vaping and PG/VG ratio. Best of all, if it turns out its not for you, you can sell it for twice what you paid for it! The newest batch of Ody's is already sold out but you can still pre order a Penelope at COV, its the same thing just a bit taller and thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread