Last night I had my Super 6 laying on my leather cough. I reached over to pick it up and it was extremely hot. The tip had already melted. I got a cloth to hold it while I removed the adaptor. Took the 2 batteries out and threw it on the floor. Finally it cooled down. Then I got to more batteries and installed. It worked fine for a while. This morning I had it in my hand and he became hot and within a second it had burned my hand. Again I removed the adapter and batteries and it cooled down. At first I though it was the batteries but after using 2 different sets I don't think it is. When I removed the batteries when it was hot they were barely even warm. I put another set of batteries in the Super 6. It is still working good but I am concerned about leaving it on the table, etc for fear it will burn whatever it is laying on. I did not have it where the switch could have been pushed. It was laying on a flat surface. What could have or will cause this?