Burned out 3 atomizers in 2 days!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
Burned 2 cisco low res atomizers and one standard res atomizer that came with my e-power kit. What in the world am I doing wrong? I make it a point to keep them wet, too! Should I let these attys soak in alcohol to remove the primer before using? Oh well..back to the dual coil cartomizers..but i miss the TH with dripping!

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Burned 2 cisco low res atomizers and one standard res atomizer that came with my e-power kit. What in the world am I doing wrong? I make it a point to keep them wet, too! Should I let these attys soak in alcohol to remove the primer before using? Oh well..back to the dual coil cartomizers..but i miss the TH with dripping!

Maybe doing nothing wrong.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

On any new atty, I blow it out a little, and clean with alcohol. I suggest picking up a cheap ohm meter (~ 4 bucks) to test with as it's a quick way to make sure the coil is open or gone to high resistance.

I also suggest notifying your vendor on the standard as that's far too premature on it.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Like Iffy said... how do you know that they are burnt out/dead? Have you tested them with a multi-meter? Are you sure the posts are connecting?

If so, Note that the e-power is a "3.7 mod". It's battery-level voltage. Starts at 4.2 volts, hovers round the 3.6/37 mark, and then goes low and cuts off around 3.2 volts. Depending on the resistance of the atty, it could be too hot. 1.5 ohms on 3.7 volts is 9.13 watts. So... IDK what your ohm's are but that could be the cause.

Also, are you dripping, or using carts? How's the vapor production? When you say you keep it wet... how?

Clean em out if you want (or just blow the primer out), but it probably has zero to do with primer.

The standard atty should have worked. So you either have a connection issue, or a over-heat issue probably caused by poor wicking. Could be a fluke with that std atty too and the other LRs fried due to over-heat. Hard to tell from here. Drip a drop or two strait into the atty. How's it vape?

Last edited:

Astatine

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2011
USA
When I started vaping with my Joye 510, I was killing atomizers like there is no tomorrow! I realized that every time it happened, it was after vaping sessions when I would pull on the PV so much that the atty became super hot. I was just frying them by vaping too fast.

I solved this problem by using 2 set ups side by side (alternating between them every 2 or 3 pulls). The down side was that for a while I was using a pair, while charging a pair, so I had to buy extra batts (in a addition to a couple of spares, in case...) and it was becoming cumbersome.

I am now a calmer vaper, and the problem is resolved. That may have been due to the way I used to smoke...

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
When I started vaping with my Joye 510, I was killing atomizers like there is no tomorrow! I realized that every time it happened, it was after vaping sessions when I would pull on the PV so much that the atty became super hot. I was just frying them by vaping too fast.

I solved this problem by using 2 set ups side by side (alternating between them every 2 or 3 pulls). The down side was that for a while I was using a pair, while charging a pair, so I had to buy extra batts (in a addition to a couple of spares, in case...) and it was becoming cumbersome.

I am now a calmer vaper, and the problem is resolved. That may have been due to the way I used to smoke...

bingo..i think you are on to something here, Astatine. I'm hoping you are right..funny thing is when i first started vaping with dripping, i didnt have this issue. At any rate, I soaked the new attys in alcohol then blew them out dry..i call myself the 10 minute atty killer but i have been vaping a new lr 510 atty for about 2 hours now and its still alive. im thinking i was either burning the atty up by overvaping or not removing the primer..im leaning more towards overvaping..we shall see how long this one lasts..cheers to the responders..thanks all. thanks attypops! lol nice name..

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
There's a slight learning curve that I had with my 2.0 and 1.5 cisco 306's. I found that by hitting them 5 times and letting them rest is the key. If you overdue it then your basically popping the coil like what dry burning does. Also, there is no primer in cisco atties.

You just have to prime them properly. Which usually involves about 6 drops into a fresh atty and letting it rest for a few minutes to let it soak it up. Then your good to go and also, regular cleaning is good too. I usually clean mine out every 24-36 hrs.

It's an expensive lesson to learn. Killed 4 atties before I got a hang of it.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
2 cisco low res atomizers and one standard res atomizer that came with my e-power kit Should I let these attys soak in alcohol to remove the primer before using?

The atty that came with your kit should be cleaned before using. The Cisco's come without primer and should be ready to vape when you take them out of the cellophane and throw away the blank cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread