Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Just keep an eye on the polyfill every time you fill it. If the vapor or atty gets too hot, check the polyfill. Use tweezers to pull the polyfill back up to the top of the cartridge, if not slightly higher, then refill. I've done this since I got my first Leo in September of 2010 and haven't had an atty die yet. I also use juice from 100% PG, to a max of 20% VG. You can go higher in VG just pay attention to the wicking action.

The Tank system is due out in April for the Leo. The Leo cartomizers are due out next week.

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I've gone to mostly just dripping because I can't keep the burnt taste away. Just when I think I get a cart to FINALLY wick properly, it either dumps the fluid or gets the burnt taste. I've tried blue foam, pyramid tea bags, fluval foam, scrubbie pads, and even surgical gauze. All in many configurations. No dice yet.

I'm currently trying to make a tank system work. Seems promising so far. I noticed the bottom of the carts fit perfectly inside the tops, so I cut off a bottom and drilled a large hole in it, and put it inside another cart (upside down) with a spring to hold it up, and a PTB membrane at the top to keep the juice from running out. My first test dumped on me, but it worked quite well before that, so I'll try to tinker with it a bit more.

My ego-t gets here monday, so I'll have some other hardware that doesn't work right to complain about soon. Til then I'll keep trying to get my leo to run. What's the alternative? Smoking? I don't think so.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Does everyone know that the white part of the 302/801 cartridge separates from the black mouth piece? So, you can gently adjust the cartridge depth by pulling the black mouth piece away from the cartridge section by 1-2mm. This, then, adjusts it so that when you push the cartridge into the atomizer it is sure to barely touch the poly fill to the atty bridge. Do it once and it should be good from then on. Separate it too much and it'll come off, so be careful.

tiraggi

Apr 3, 2010
Long Island, NY
I too have had the burnt taste (I have two atty's) but it did go away after a while(primer?). I also have the wicking problem. It either floods the atty or after two or three hits it vapes dry - No taste. I tried adjusting the polyfill so it just sticks out of the cart a bit but same thing happens after two hits. I went through all 5 carts in two weeks. Battery is great! Cartridges suck. Very disappointing. I did get the adapter for the 808 cartos which work very well. I guess I'll wait for the tank system to come out. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I have three Leos going with three different flavors. Got 'em all about four months ago. Two of them are AMAZING! The third always had a burnt taste. I tried cleaning, dry burn, different juice, different carts and different cartridge fillers (foam, PTB, poly) - all produced that same burnt taste. When I switched to a different atty, the issue goes away. There are no stray strands of poly getting burnt that I can see. It's been this way since day one. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this one atty gives me such grief every time I try to coax it to cooperate.

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
i use fluval in mine, but i fill the white plastic piece with juice first then put the fluval in. also, the piece of fluval is about half the length of the atty, just enough to keep the juice in the cartridge. i found a post by high-ping (i think) on using fluval in the 510's this way. it also works for the leo. if i fill too much it floods but for the most part it works really good.

RedSeve

Nov 22, 2010
Des Moines, Wa
Got my leo a few days ago and have been experiencing similar issues, I mainly drip, and it'll be good for a few hits then it get dry and burnt tasting. though still nice for those few hits, I'm worried about over dripping but so far I haven't had any liquid leak out the bottom. I'm gonna get a new atty soon and hopefully this issue will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread